ok iv just set up a google account but am now on about restore no. 4 to go back to when i had my contacts again as the outlook think dont seem to do it even though i can see the numbers in outlook express
    07-06-2010 02:32 PM
    still confused . iv got the google exchange account in the phone now but i cant see how to make it back up to the google account and cant see anything in the account when i go to it on the pc . bloody thing
    07-06-2010 03:40 PM
    it wont connect to server . i dont know why a bother
    07-06-2010 03:50 PM
    while your in your gmail account click on contacts; if you see them on your pc and your device then they are backed up.
    every time you make a change, whether its on the pc or device, they will sync with each other

sometimes google sync has delays, don't worry

most importantly, "read-read-read" before you do anything
    07-06-2010 04:02 PM
    iv got a google account is that the same as a gmail account as i cant see ant contact bit ?
    07-06-2010 04:46 PM
    my phone wont connect with gmail . tells me the passwords rong but it is not , iv had a guts full of this .
    07-06-2010 05:15 PM
    my phone wont connect with gmail . tells me the passwords rong but it is not , iv had a guts full of this .
    Keep trying this is a security measure that Google uses. Once you keep trying it will eventually go through. I went through this one night and it drove me crazy. It will just start working! Strange!
    07-06-2010 05:23 PM
    well iv done it about 40 time . i can get to it from safari or what ever but the phone says the pass words wrong . i give up . all i want is to be able to back up my contacts . wy itune cant do it its self is beoned me . sodding apple
    07-06-2010 05:37 PM
    Everything I've read says if you are at iOS4 and you are having problems, do a total restore and set the phone up like a new one. Dozens have said this totally improved their speed. I did the restore from the get go on our old 3G and it works just fine, I see no major lagging or anything.

I think going back to 3.13 is problematic. It can be done, but in some cases it has been reported that folks have bricked their phones. I wouldn't take the chance, but that is me.

well after a lot of dicking about it with backing up contacts it does seem the phone is working better after a total restore , thanks for that OTACOBA
    07-07-2010 07:50 AM
    well after a lot of dicking about it with backing up contacts it does seem the phone is working better after a total restore , thanks for that OTACOBA
    Great I am glad to hear it! Lets just hope it continues to work well.
    07-07-2010 11:05 AM
    You have more patience than I!

I went to the Genius Bar last night and since I still have Apple Care on my 3G, they swapped my upgraded 3G for a 3.1.3 new refurb.

They said that iOS4.1 will fix the lag; but he didn't know when it would come out.

I am very happy to be back at 3.1.3 - in fact I will probably leave it here so when I upgrade to the 4, I can sell it as this version.
    07-07-2010 01:25 PM
    so far the new one is really good . its was only the co0ntact stuff that made it a head ache ,. i still don't really get it but have managed some how , fingers crossed it keep going well or il have to go and buy a 4
    07-07-2010 02:26 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD