iPhone 4 home button

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Mines is a little loose. On the weekend of launch the home button became unresponsive at times. I had to press the home button a like four or five times in order to close an app or to pull up multitasking. I called apple and he told be to try a clean restore and set up as a new iPhone before I went to an apple store. I was at work at the time and when I got home the button began to respond better. I held off on the restore and going to an apple store for replacement. Since then my home button seems to be working normally so I figured I would wait it out. I thought I was the only one having this issue. I'm interested to see how many people come out of the wood works with this same issue.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Have you guys ever played with iPod Touches? Most have a little play in them on the home button. I really dont think this is a issue and most are over reacting

chrisoldroyd

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick update, I had my Genius appointment this morning, we looked at 6 iPhone 4's on display and over 50% had some play with the home button, they offered to swap it but I decided to keep mine as they seemed to think it was normal but made a note on my file to swap it if it deteriorates in any way in the future.

As it is brand new and has 12 months warranty remaining its not really an issue to worry about.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Just a quick update, I had my Genius appointment this morning, we looked at 6 iPhone 4's on display and over 50% had some play with the home button, they offered to swap it but I decided to keep mine as they seemed to think it was normal but made a note on my file to swap it if it deteriorates in any way in the future.

As it is brand new and has 12 months warranty remaining its not really an issue to worry about.

Yes many do have play in them. I say its pretty normal but as I said earlier, most iPod Touches have the same thing. I dont see it as a problem

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I don't think there is a need to replace like Garz
stated. It's like the kind of movement I get
from my battery door on my BlackBerry devices.

:D

tsuehpsyde

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Had this issue and swapped out my phone tonight. At first it was there, but has gone away on the new one in a few hours use? Kinda weird. I'll be keeping an eye on this. The 3GS I have had since launch is 100% solid, no wiggle.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro