Notifications

Theo#IM

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I notice that I have to open some apps (Facebook, App store) for the little red circle notification to be displayed. I don't know when there has actually been a new notification for the app. Is this a normal thing? Is there a setting that makes the little notification icons display when I actually get a new notification?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Notification settings are generally set per app in the Settings (scroll to the bottom) area. Some apps simply don't do notifications well either.

I don't know about Facebook but as far as the AppStore, you will not get any notifications of app updates until you open the app and it connects to the AppStore and checks.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Facebook works for me. For a while it was awful but now it's pretty close to perfect.

@lungho
Actually the app store routinely checks for updates whether you open it or not (not sure how often, maybe once or twice a day), but it's not push.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
@lungho
Actually the app store routinely checks for updates whether you open it or not (not sure how often, maybe once or twice a day), but it's not push.

Hmm....interesting. I've never seen a badge unless I've opened up the AppStore app. The same thing happened this morning. Last night there were no app updates. But this morning, although I didn't have any update notification badge, I decided to manually check for updates and I had three apps that need to be updated.

Perhaps Apple pushes the notification badge after a certain amount of time/days have passed and without you manually checking the AppStore yourself?

omgabunny

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hmm....interesting. I've never seen a badge unless I've opened up the AppStore app. The same thing happened this morning. Last night there were no app updates. But this morning, although I didn't have any update notification badge, I decided to manually check for updates and I had three apps that need to be updated.

Perhaps Apple pushes the notification badge after a certain amount of time/days have passed and without you manually checking the AppStore yourself?

Sometimes I do notice new update notifications with me having to open the app store but other times I've only seen the update notification badge with nothing done on my part. Hit or miss for me. Same with facebook. I can't say for certain what percentage flows thru ok but it doesn't bother me that much

chemtc73

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I have never seen an update badge on the App Store unless I open it and Facebook is not that reliable when it comes to notifications.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods