Im sure there are many of you relegated to ATT's edge only area's. How are you dealing with the loss of high speed data. Where I work, and spend most of my time during the week, is full on 3G. But where I live is edge only, not supposed to be upgraded until October. I find the phone to be a useless when not connected to high speed. Loading twitter updates takes 2 minutes. Weather takes 3 minutes. Loading a page takes 4-5 minutes. Its really bad.
    07-05-2010 06:07 AM
    WOW. I'm using an iPhone on T-Mobile, which means EDGE all the time. Granted, not nearly as fast as being at home on wi-fi. I don't have that slow of speeds. Twitter and Facebook and what not load in seconds. I can even play IMO (World of Magic) on EDGE.

There is definitley something wrong with that picture. I'd give AT&T a piece of my mind.
    07-05-2010 09:57 AM
    I have no issues with EDGE, I hope they certainly upgrade the area in my hometown to 3G soon as well but do what I do, I made my folks place wifi so I can use my phone and laptop there without issues.. just add wifi and you'll not have to worry about edge until oct ...
    07-05-2010 11:08 AM
    i was camping all weekend and all i could get was EDGE; safari sucked, operamini was just ok

EDGE + iPhone = Fail
    07-05-2010 12:59 PM
    i was camping all weekend and all i could get was EDGE; safari sucked, operamini was just ok

EDGE + iPhone = Fail
    Agreed. Just my opinion but you lose SO much potential if you're only using the phone on an EDGE network.
    07-06-2010 07:49 AM
    Yeah, I have wifi at my house which makes it ok. But really I need a phone that works when Im not home and not at work. This is going to be a tough decision. May need to head back to VZW until 3G is up and running. They say October now, but last June they said December of 2009. I dont get what the holdup is. If you guys want to see something funny (not really funny) check the ATT coverage map and put in zip code 10916. You will see my frustration.
    07-06-2010 08:10 AM
    I live in northern michigan and only have Edge. Pandora with "High Quality" turned off plays and loads up songs perfectly fine with no skipping, and general internet usage is good enough.
    07-06-2010 09:43 AM
    Is there a *228 equivilant on ATT?
    07-06-2010 10:37 AM
    Edge is fine here in the UK on O2
    07-06-2010 11:45 AM
    I just want to say I'm not against using it on edge but man.. Once you see how zippy data goes on a 3G connection it's just solo hard to go back.
    07-06-2010 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD