I updated my iPhone to software 4.0, and now anything that requires internet on my phone, only works with Wifi, not the 3g network. Also, my voicemail is now blank. What happened and how can I fix this? Thanks!
    Also this makes me very angry at Apple for suggesting I upgrade to the new software
    07-03-2010 05:40 PM
    I updated my iPhone to software 4.0, and now anything that requires internet on my phone, only works with Wifi, not the 3g network. Also, my voicemail is now blank. What happened and how can I fix this? Thanks!
    Also this makes me very angry at Apple for suggesting I upgrade to the new software
    Jailbroke with spirit before you updated to 4 im assuming?

Very known issue.

Easiest fix is to restore the phone and DO NOT let it restore the data from a backup. Set it up as a new phone
    07-03-2010 06:02 PM
    Yes, I previously used Spirit - now feel like an ***** for jailbraking my phone, I was just so curious.

But if I restore my phone but don't let it restore the data from a backup, won't I lose all my info - like my contacts? Is there a way to save my contacts to my computer before I restore? Thanks
    07-03-2010 06:15 PM
    Yes, I previously used Spirit - now feel like an ***** for jailbraking my phone, I was just so curious.

But if I restore my phone but don't let it restore the data from a backup, won't I lose all my info - like my contacts? Is there a way to save my contacts to my computer before I restore? Thanks
    Well if you have Mobile Me you can back up your contacts that way. I also think that Google has some sort of sync service that will work with the iPhone but I'm not sure. And there is always the tried and true method of saving the contacts to your sim card, that always used to work for me.
    07-03-2010 06:48 PM
    I ended up restoring like you said, and my phone works fine now. Thanks for all your help
    07-03-2010 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD