I've noticed a couple if things within the messaging function that may or may not be bugs, and wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

"Group Messaging", for example. I have it turned on in settings, and just this morning I sent a group text. But when one of the recepients replied, it came in as a separate text. Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works, I assumed that any messages would be in the same thread between members of the group. But it doesn't seem to be working that way...it's functioning the same way as in Os 3.

Also there is supposed to be a universal failed message "!" symbol on the main messaging green icon when a text fails to send. I've a few fails since upgrading but I have yet to see this icon anywhere other than the way it was displayed in Os 3.

Anyone else experiencing any of this? It's almost as though, for me, messaging was not included in the upgrade.
    07-03-2010 10:49 AM
    In order for the replies to show up in the same thread, each user must also have Group Messaging enabled. Otherwise, their iPhone will handle it as a standard text message. If they have a Blackberry, it treats it like an individual MMS.
    07-03-2010 10:52 AM
    I noticed that when i send a group message is more like broadcasting, is not a tether conversation between all of recipients...but I do get the exclamation symbol when it fails. I use bee-jive for all of my group conversation is the closes i can get to BBM...
    07-03-2010 10:56 AM
    @big9erfan So it's basically an iPhone only function? I didn't realize that. That it was more of an intelligent type of function which tells the phone to automatically include, in the same thread, messages from any people who part of the group.

@willthetech That's weird about the failed message symbol. I've yet to see it work properly.

Thanks for info.
    07-03-2010 12:01 PM
    In order for the replies to show up in the same thread, each user must also have Group Messaging enabled. Otherwise, their iPhone will handle it as a standard text message. If they have a Blackberry, it treats it like an individual MMS.
    Good to know... thanks for sharing bro.
    07-03-2010 12:11 PM
    my failed message icon has been working too!
    07-03-2010 12:26 PM
    @big9erfan So it's basically an iPhone only function? I didn't realize that. That it was more of an intelligent type of function which tells the phone to automatically include, in the same thread, messages from any people who part of the group.

@willthetech That's weird about the failed message symbol. I've yet to see it work properly.

Thanks for info.
    There's no way for SMS to determine if it's part of a thread or not unfortunately, at least there's no open standard for it that I know of.
    07-03-2010 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD