Has anyone else noticed their screen being overly sensitive and going haywire while plugged into the wall charger? I try to delete texts and the screen starts bouncing around so much I can't do it. The screen just seems really Jumpy. I think it might be iOS4 related because not only does it happen on my 4 but on my gf's 3G as well. As soon as you unplug it from the wall charger everything is normal again. Strange.
    07-01-2010 04:16 PM
    It's your power adapter.
    Are you using one that came with the iPhone? Or one purchased off the internet (like eBay).

I purchased one for my little sister that was supposedly "authentic" but it was a knock off. I think they don't have them regulated, so it was giving too much power to her ipod touch, causing it to do exactly what you described.

Don't use that one anymore! If it was directly from Apple, contact them for an exchange.
    07-01-2010 05:29 PM
    2nd that. it must be a knock off or plugged into an extention cord I have that problem with an apple charger.
    07-01-2010 09:27 PM
    iVenom,

I think you may have it the nail on the head. It IS an official Apple charger "brick" but it's plugged into an extention cord. I swear I don't understand electricity. :-) I guess I don't understand how the plug knows it's plugged into an extention cord rather than directly into a wall outlet. I'm going to try removing the extention cord from the equation. I'm guessing it will cure the issue. Thanks!
    07-02-2010 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD