Phew - thanks for removing the caps lock, drpainams. And thanks for wishing us good luck. FaceTime Partner is just a side project for us. We saw the opportunity and took it. I really hope the site stays clean, but hey, it's a free country. For now, we've been getting positive feedback. The trickiest thing is getting enough people on the site at once. Take care, and have a great 4th of July, everyone!
    07-02-2010 10:04 PM
    I hope a chatroulette app comes out for iPhone 4!!
    07-03-2010 12:07 AM
    I`ll just cover my eyes up
    07-03-2010 12:00 PM
    I've tried a few times but haven't been able to get a match.
    Maybe you could set up special event dates and times to try to get a good number of people on at the same time. For example: "July 4th FaceTime Party! Wish other iPhone 4 owners a happy 4th of July over FaceTime. Join the fun July 4th at 8pm!". Something like that. Then people would know when to come back to the site.
    Also, a better explanation of what the process is of finding a partner on your website. It's kina vague right now and I, for one, was hesitant of typing in my number.
    07-04-2010 10:48 AM
    Went to the site and there was not enough info. So I did not put in my number. I also want
    To choose who I talk to
    07-04-2010 10:58 AM
    Tried it out. I talked Facetimed with this big chick who was confined to bed.
    07-04-2010 05:41 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions, isaac65 and chobbs1. We will set up a FaceTime Partner meetup this coming week, and I'll post the time in this forum. Chobbs1, we have designed (but not coded) a system whereby everyone would have to login first through Twitter, and you would be able to pre-screen whom you want to talk to before giving out your #. We're just waiting to see if the site has enough visitors to justify this investment of time required for coding. So, if you want to help FaceTimePartner.com succeed, keeping posting on this forum and letting others know about it. Thank you so much for the support!
    07-05-2010 02:59 AM
    If I go there, the first thing I will do during facetime is whip it out.

I'm joking, that was a reference to chatroulette if you don't know....

*crickets*
    dude i spit on my keyboard cause that laugh just came out like a shotgun blast!! please don't have anything come out like a shotgun blast if we somehow end up on facetime.. speaking of which there's got to be a good nickname for this.. i dont want to have to say facetiming or FTing..
    07-05-2010 01:50 PM
    So, how does everybody feel about a Facetime meetup at www facetimepartners com this Thursday, July 8, at 12:30 pm?
    07-06-2010 02:06 PM
    i work until 8pm
    07-06-2010 02:29 PM
    hahaha, mind telling us how that conversation went?
    07-06-2010 04:08 PM
    So, how does everybody feel about a Facetime meetup at www facetimepartners com this Thursday, July 8, at 12:30 pm?
    Guarantees you will have plenty of teachers, students, and the unemployed.

Ok, maybe not so many teachers - we've been able to find our own Face Time partners.
    07-06-2010 04:14 PM
    Guarantees you will have plenty of teachers, students, and the unemployed.

Ok, maybe not so many teachers - we've been able to find our own Face Time partners.
    What grade do u teach?
    07-06-2010 04:49 PM
    Working at that time
    07-06-2010 04:55 PM
    I don't have anyone to FaceTime with...
    07-06-2010 05:25 PM
    Okay, then let's all meet at FaceTimePartners.com on Thursday, July 8, at 9:00 pm. See you then!
    07-06-2010 06:58 PM
    nicee! i had this chick named Tonya who was really a dude named Tony.
    07-06-2010 09:04 PM
    Okay, then let's all meet at FaceTimePartners.com on Thursday, July 8, at 9:00 pm. See you then!
    Not that I'm planning on coming, but for those who are - is that 9 pm easter, central, mountain, pacific, or some European time zone?
    07-06-2010 09:55 PM
    Hi, the FaceTimePartner.com meetup will be this Thursday, July 8, at 9 pm PST. Thanks for asking the clarifying question, Alli!
    07-06-2010 10:35 PM
    wow chatroulette! only a bunch of guys on their!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (throwing up)
    07-07-2010 09:51 AM
    Reminder: If you're looking for someone (not a CSR from Apple) to try FaceTime with, go to facetimepartner.com for an official FTP meetup tonight, Thursday, at 9:00 pm PST. 2 clicks and you could be talking on FaceTime about LeBron's incredible decision to join the Chicago Bulls, I mean the New York Knicks, I mean the Miami Heat!
    07-08-2010 12:41 PM
    nicee! i had this chick named Tonya who was really a dude named Tony.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA too funny!!!!

Facetime meetup - might be nice, I'll be busy so I won't be there. Let us know how it goes tonight!
    07-08-2010 01:07 PM
    I dont think this website is ever going to take off... facetime is not like stickam or something like that having to use your phone number is not a very good solution to video chat theres no way ill put my phone number on there
    07-08-2010 02:06 PM
    Noaim, on Facetimepartner.com, you do not have to leave your # to be connected to someone. If someone else leaves their #, you can just block your caller id and call them. Our stats show that plenty of people are willing to leave their #, making it easy to have connections.

Also, we have identified several ways to connect people with nobody leaving their #. We know of one way that isn't particularly elegant but that works, and which we could implement very quickly. This is all part of the evolutionary process of our site.

Thanks for checking us out, regardless, and hopefully we'll see some of you tonight at 9 pm!
    07-08-2010 08:41 PM
    9pm PST? So after midnight EST? And midnight central?

Bit late, don't you think?
    07-08-2010 09:51 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD