July 14 Ship Date

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
How is that even possible?

It would seem Apple is jumping back and forth between shipping AT&T orders and Apple store/site orders. Some people are ordering at the perfect time to be in line for a shipment... If that makes any sense. I ordered mine on the 22nd and it shipped on July 3rd. Still has not made it out of Shenzhen though.

Tanz

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
This is my first time ordering like this and also my first iphone. I ordered mine from the local AT&T store on Saturday July 3rd and just got the email this morning that the phone was ready for pick up by the shipper. My phone is being shipped to the store and when I checked this afternoon it showed a tracking number and the fedex tracking app showed it will be delivered tomorrow on the 8th by 3pm.

iNitvizn

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
This is my first time ordering like this and also my first iphone. I ordered mine from the local AT&T store on Saturday July 3rd and just got the email this morning that the phone was ready for pick up by the shipper. My phone is being shipped to the store and when I checked this afternoon it showed a tracking number and the fedex tracking app showed it will be delivered tomorrow on the 8th by 3pm.

16 or 32GB?

I ordered my 32GB from AT&T on the 29th of June - my order still shows "Processing".

glyphics

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Got a "your iPhone has been shipped" email today. Was supposed to ship by 6/14. A week early is good. It is being shipped from SHENZHEN, CHINA. ETA 7/13. :D

ditto. it's hanging out at Lantau Island, Hong Kong right now. says it'll get here by 4:30pm on the 13th...but I'm at work. it gives you the option to "pre-sign" for it but anyone know if thats really trustworthy?

Rolf

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I placed my order on 7/2 at the AT&T store. Currently it says "In Progress".

However, when I was making my purchase in-store, the associate asked for my credit card. I handed him my Wachovia Debit card. He was like "Uhhh... Do you have a credit card? A debit card might not work for this..." And I asked him if they didn't accept my card or something, and he said they do, it's just the way they charge the account. He said something along the lines of "When they charge the account, it'll hold the money until the order is confirmed" or something. I was under the impression he didn't fully understand what he was trying to tell me.

Anyway, this morning i noticed something. I wasn't eligible for my upgrade, so I just decided to pay the $400 since my current phone is busted. Upon making my purchase, my account balance dropped from $660 to about $235, after fees and whatnot. However, today my account balance jumped back up to $646 (Sweet & Spicy Asian Chicken, lul) with no new deposits. So my question is, should I be worried that there was an issue with my purchase? The minutes are slowly ticking by until the AT&T store opens so I can call them, but I don't expect many answers.

TLDR; I bought my phone, money was withdrawn, now the money is back. Will I get my phone? inb4 wall of text

Also, this is my first post. Hello.

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine still says "in progress." I think I'll stop checking it multiple times per day. Maybe it's like staring at water, waiting for it to boil.

Kainz15

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
ditto. it's hanging out at Lantau Island, Hong Kong right now. says it'll get here by 4:30pm on the 13th...but I'm at work. it gives you the option to "pre-sign" for it but anyone know if thats really trustworthy?

Well, if you pre-sign for the shipment and post it on your door:
They'll either just leave it outside the door
Or, if you tell them where to leave it on the pre-sign form, they can put it inside the door or something if requested.

I've done this a couple times, but I never risk it on really expensive things. If you think you'll be home soon after the delivery time, it might be worth a shot, otherwise you can call FedEx and have them hold your package at a local distribution point for you to just come pick it up rather than having them attempt delivery multiple times.

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
My plan worked! Just got my shipping notification from at&t. Will be delivered to the store tomorrow, coming from Fort Worth, TX.

Rolf

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My plan worked! Just got my shipping notification from at&t. Will be delivered to the store tomorrow, coming from Fort Worth, TX.

That could mean good things for me! I also ordered mine on the 2nd. Maybe that means I'll get mine soon too! My hopes are high.

FlaSam

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Ordered Two

I ordered two on June 16th. I had to order them one at a time, minutes apart. Initial message said it would ship by the 14th of July, arrive by the 19th. We got one two days ago, second one says "Prepared to Ship, but it has said that for two days!

elementbt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
@flasam I ordered mine on the 16th as well. Mine has said "prepared for shipment" since july 3rd am. So 2 days is nothing lol.

sirgrove

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
ok i just talked to apple and those who pre-orded with apple and there order says prepared for shipment, they told me it means that its in line to be shipped out and you and if you have a odd amount less than the actually amount your paying for the phone on ur credit card it means its almost done and the final amount will be charged when its shipped.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Got my notification today that is shipping from Ft Worth. Ordered on July 5 from ATT business premiere site, yeah it was a holiday. Should be delivered tomorrow. Crossing the fingers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner