I was able to make a face time call over 3G. I have a 3G laptop connect card for my laptop. I shared it's connection making my laptop into a mobile hot spot. The iPhone 4 picked up the signal from the laptop, making it think that it was on a wifi signal. Face time call made. Now I hope that when the jailbreak comes out for the iphone 4, that someone smart could make something to make the phone think it's on a wifi signal. Anyone with a laptop connect card try it out. Worked pretty good for me.

enjoy
    06-30-2010 03:20 PM
    3G unrestrictor is already said to work for it. I
    made a FaceTime call on 3G and cut off 2 secs
    later saying I need to be on WiFi.
    06-30-2010 03:32 PM
    Any idea of an ETA of when skype will jump on board with this new technology? I would love to be able to skype my brothers laptop from anywhere that i'm at!
    06-30-2010 03:37 PM
    Any idea of an ETA of when skype will jump on board with this new technology? I would love to be able to skype my brothers laptop from anywhere that i'm at!
    It's going to grow gradually over time for many things. Nobody knows for sure.
    But it's all coming....
    06-30-2010 03:38 PM
    It's going to grow gradually over time for many things. Nobody knows for sure.
    But it's all coming....
    I can't wait!
    06-30-2010 03:49 PM
    Like f29 said... no one knows for sure, except
    some of the higher ups at Skype.
    06-30-2010 03:51 PM
    Like f29 said... no one knows for sure, except
    some of the higher ups at Skype.
    Making a skype video call over 3g will be a great innovation!
    06-30-2010 03:52 PM
    Making a skype video call over 3g will be a great innovation!
    Lol... can't you already do this w/ Skype?

I haven't used it, so I'm not sure.
    06-30-2010 04:12 PM
    Lol... can't you already do this w/ Skype?

I haven't used it, so I'm not sure.
    Yeh with skype from my computer not from my phone.....video call's i am refering too...I actually just tried to open skype and it says it's not able to be used with iOs4
    06-30-2010 04:16 PM
    Not very soon to be honest. First of all, if skype does that, they're charging you. They're not going to charge for skype-to-skype calls over 3G and then give you FREE video calls. No way. Second, if AT&T won't let Apple do it, they certainly are not budging for skype.
    06-30-2010 04:48 PM
    Not very soon to be honest. First of all, if skype does that, they're charging you. They're not going to charge for skype-to-skype calls over 3G and then give you FREE video calls. No way. Second, if AT&T won't let Apple do it, they certainly are not budging for skype.
    So you think that Skype in the near future won't let us make video calls?
    06-30-2010 04:54 PM
    So you think that Skype in the near future won't let us make video calls?
    For a price.
    06-30-2010 05:17 PM
    For a price.
    That's fine with me but I think Jello was saying that AT&T wouldn't let Apple so why would it let skype.....so maybe over wifi then?!?
    06-30-2010 05:27 PM
    That's fine with me but I think Jello was saying that AT&T wouldn't let Apple so why would it let skype.....so maybe over wifi then?!?
    Even over wifi I think that i4 to webcam video calls would be big hit. I've heard from a couple of places that Apple has made this open source, so hopefully there will be something soon.
    06-30-2010 05:46 PM
    I wouldn't mind doing it over wifi either!
    06-30-2010 05:49 PM
    You can skype video call from phone to pc on the EVO on 3g! Damn why can't they give us this now!
    06-30-2010 06:58 PM
    You can skype video call from phone to pc on the EVO on 3g! Damn why can't they give us this now!
    It must be hacked as Skype only allows Verizon's
    Android and BlackBerry devices (along with the
    iPhone & Symbian).

I hadn't done much research, so I could be
    wrong, but no one on their site do they say
    they support the EVO and Sprint at the
    moment.
    06-30-2010 07:11 PM
    Yeh with skype from my computer not from my phone.....video call's i am refering too...I actually just tried to open skype and it says it's not able to be used with iOs4
    Oh dang... didn't know that. Hopefully we get it
    soon. Almost seems like the Verizon deal is
    slowing Skype down in releasing a good iPhone
    update.
    06-30-2010 07:51 PM
    You have to be kidding about Skype right? They took 3 months to get the 3G version out, and now it will probably be another 3 months for the demo multitasking version they had working in April to come out.
    06-30-2010 07:55 PM
    It must be hacked as Skype only allows Verizon's
    Android and BlackBerry devices (along with the
    iPhone & Symbian).

I hadn't done much research, so I could be
    wrong, but no one on their site do they say
    they support the EVO and Sprint at the
    moment.
    A friend of mine has the EVO and he skyped video called me using Fring from his phone through the cellular network so other phones can do it. I wanna do it on my iPhone!
    06-30-2010 11:13 PM
    What he said. I think 3G will be plenty fast enough once we get a jailbreak.
    06-30-2010 11:23 PM
    A friend of mine has the EVO and he skyped video called me using Fring from his phone through the cellular network so other phones can do it. I wanna do it on my iPhone!
    Gotcha... through Fring. I'm sure it'll be
    updated for 2 way video calling. A quick
    look in the App Store and I see it has it,
    but one way only.
    07-01-2010 12:09 AM
    beyond excited for whats to come with facetime and skype over 3g
    07-02-2010 03:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD