What will Apple do?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I know this has been discussed over and over again but. I am having the same reception issue as everyone else. I never got less than 5 bars with my iphone 3g and now I can get as little as 2 bars :( I think this is clearly a hardware issue so what do you think Apple will do to make this right or will they just ignore it? I am hoping that Apple fixes the problem.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I think they will deny, ignore, deny, ignore, deny. Then roll out an update with a statement that sounds something like this:

"We have added some new features and stability/performance improvements with this update. This update also addresses the signal loss that some users may have been experiencing.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I think they will deny, ignore, deny, ignore, deny. Then roll out an update with a statement that sounds something like this:

"We have added some new features and stability/performance improvements with this update. This update also addresses the signal loss that some users may have been experiencing.

But how will an update help with signal reception........

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't know. But it seems to be Apple's standard operating procedure to deny any problems while fixing it behind closed doors.

True but i'm not sure that apple can back their way out of this one. Especially if it is hardware related!

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Well hopefully, if it is a hardware issue, that it's the metal sim tray....as reported by some other sites. If so, they could simply issue a redesigned plastic tray.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I think it is an iOS4 issue,
I upgraded to the iOS4 on my 3gs and am sitting in the same spot as a friend of mine who has the old OS and he his getting 2-3 bars more reception then I am and he has a thicker case then I have.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded to the iOS4 on my 3gs and am sitting in the same spot as a friend of mine who has the old OS and he his getting 2-3 bars more reception then I am and he has a thicker case then I have.

Hmm that could be a possiblity, so that could be fixed with a software update!

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem. Updated my 3Gs with iOS4 and instantly had less bars and had the phone sometimes searching for 3G signal. I thought it was odd at the time and never happened before. Now I'm guessing (hoping) it's iOS4 related.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73