I had the yellow splotches. I also had broken wifi. And a dead pixel that was to me anyway, really noticeable. So I exchanged it yesterday for another iPhone 4 and all the issues are gone. Oh yeah, other than the dreaded "death grip" issue which the new one still has. I guess when you try to build so many units in such a short amount of time, quality is bound to take a back seat.

Apple should be embarrassed. This launch was so not like Apple. It's sad really. I just hope they've learned a lesson.
    06-30-2010 06:22 AM
    I would hope that they learn from this and monitor their quality better. I bought an iMac 4 months ago. I brought it home all excited to fire it up and it would not boot up. I touched the power button and nothing. I pressed the power button for 15-20 seconds and it started coming up and then gave me all sorts of weird errors. I ended up having to box it up, take it back to the Apple store and they gave me a brand new one. They took it in the back room to try it out and they could not get it to do anything.
    06-30-2010 08:19 AM
    did they give you a brand new boxed phone or did you get a phone from a box with no accessories ?
    06-30-2010 09:25 AM
    I got a brand new one.
    06-30-2010 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD