Just looking for a shortcut to turn the Bluetooth on/off on my iP4. I only use it in the car.

Would like it to show up as an "app" on the homepage without having to go through settings --> General --> Bluetooth --> then toggle on/off.

Thanks.
    06-29-2010 07:22 PM
    and this is the reason I jailbroke...apple doesn't have an app for that. unfortunately the only way you'll get it as of right now is after a jailbreak is released for the iphone 4 and then you download SBsettings.
    06-29-2010 07:42 PM
    Going to setting/general/bluetooth only takes a few seconds. I dont think theres an easier way then that.
    06-29-2010 07:47 PM
    Going to setting/general/bluetooth only takes a few seconds. I dont think theres an easier way then that.
    Its easier on other phones; this is my first iPhone and I am just looking to make it better. A one-click solution is what I'm looking for...looks like it's probably not in the cards. So be it...
    06-29-2010 07:49 PM
    Its easier on other phones; this is my first iPhone and I am just looking to make it better. A one-click solution is what I'm looking for...looks like it's probably not in the cards. So be it...
    Yea, not everything has an "easy" button.
    06-29-2010 07:51 PM
    Yea, not everything has an "easy" button.
    a shame. so many problems we could solve with one red button...
    06-29-2010 07:54 PM
    That's one thing I liked about the Evo I had before I returned it for my Iphone 4. It had all the widgets. I made one home screen for all the settings that I wanted quick access to. I guess I'm gonna have to jailbreak again
    06-29-2010 08:06 PM
    The widget control is great on android, where you frequently need to shut down the BT radio or the WiFi radio or even the gps.

But to be honest. I've been running all my iPhones with moderate use with BT, GPS and WiFi on all the time.

The battery life is way better than on the increadible, atleast I rarely charge, whereas my partner at work with the increadible is living on the charger.
    06-29-2010 09:57 PM
    Who ever thought there would come a day when the iPhone is leading the way for battery life in modern smartphones...
    06-29-2010 10:06 PM
    exactly...when you get there and turn it on hit the home button...next time you go to settings it should still be at that same spot...i do this for wifi so when i leave my house i go to settings and just click off!
    06-29-2010 10:45 PM
    As soon as a iPhone 4 jailbreak is available... JAILBREAK! SBsettings is the perfect solution to what you want. Quick swipe (or whatever you set your sbsettings launch to) and you have one tap toggle. Until then you are stuck going through settings every time.
    06-30-2010 03:21 AM
    Ahh SBSettings... I've been a week w/ out it and it's been an inconvenient lifestyle to say the least lol That was def the easiest way to toggle Bluetooth, along w/ my other settings like Wi-fi, 3G, Brightness, Re-boot, Re-Spring, etc etc....
    06-30-2010 03:36 AM
    It's not just a matter of battery life. When going from bright sunlight to a dark room (or vice versa), SBSettings is the quickest way to adjust screen brightness. Or when moving around town, SBS is the quickest way to turn off wifi so it doesn't keep trying to hook up to weak or insecure public networks.

So yeah, battery life is fine, multitasking helps, but iOS 4 still needs SBSettings.
    06-30-2010 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD