Verizon Wireless Said to Start Offering IPhone in January - Bloomberg

I'll believe this when it happens, but I thought everyone might like to read this, not that it's nothing new lol
    06-29-2010 03:39 PM
    i don't believe any of that ****. plus bloomberg is horrible
    06-29-2010 03:40 PM
    Blah, blah, blah. It's like another Bigfoot sighting. And besides, Apple typically releases new phones in June so what would be the point of announcing a phone mid-cycle? Does that mean it gets replaced in June 2011?
    06-29-2010 03:42 PM
    Blah, blah, blah. It's like another Bigfoot sighting. And besides, Apple typically releases new phones in June so what would be the point of announcing a phone mid-cycle? Does that mean it gets replaced in June 2011?
    Who knows ! I thought I'd read somewhere ATT has exclusivity til 2012.. maybe not..
    06-29-2010 03:47 PM
    And besides, Apple typically releases new phones in June so what would be the point of announcing a phone mid-cycle? Does that mean it gets replaced in June 2011?
    Could just be a minor modification of iPhone 4--switching the GSM "guts" out for CDMA-compatible guts. Plus, as someone already said, who knows? This Verizon thing may warrant a special release...if it ever happens
    06-29-2010 03:52 PM
    Could just be a minor modification of iPhone 4--switching the GSM "guts" out for CDMA-compatible guts. Plus, as someone already said, who knows? This Verizon thing may warrant a special release...if it ever happens
    Could be, but what would be the point of releasing a CDMA phone when Verizon has already publicly stated their plans to have LTE available by the end of the year. The timing of a January release just doesn't seem right to me.
    06-29-2010 04:03 PM
    Not gonna happen.
    06-29-2010 04:05 PM
    So what if vzw does announce the unveiling of some LTE devices in Jan ? that's all the article says, it could be June of 11 or 12 before it's officially out lol
    06-29-2010 04:10 PM
    So what if vzw does announce the unveiling of some LTE devices in Jan ? that's all the article says, it could be June of 11 or 12 before it's officially out lol
    Yeah because Apple typically announces new devices 6 months before they are available. I guess I'll be skeptical until I see Steve Jobs and that "can you hear me now" guy at a press conference announcing a Verizon iPhone.
    06-29-2010 04:17 PM
    this is true, never thought of it that way lol really doesn't make sense, Apple does it the same way every year, why would they break from the norm lol
    06-29-2010 04:19 PM
    yea here is the article on yahoo citing bloomberg as the source...

Verizon iPhone Coming In January - Yahoo! Finance
    06-29-2010 04:34 PM
    Has not had time Apple to release iPhone 4 as hearings about Verizon iPhone already have gone. Of course, I can mistake but I think that's just one more speculation that won't tern into reality at least in the nearest future. Verizon is really pushing their android phones, and seems to love motorola and HTC. So I'd guess this is gonna be the same as the rumors that have been going on for years now.
    06-29-2010 05:47 PM
    "Hello?"
    "This is dead horse."
    "Please put stick down."
    "I'm tried of being beat to death."

I'll believe it when I see it!
    06-29-2010 05:55 PM
    "Hello?"
    "This is dead horse."
    "Please put stick down."
    "I'm tried of being beat to death."

I'll believe it when I see it!
    Please put the stick down.... lmaooooo.... too funny
    06-29-2010 06:14 PM
    Not for nothing, but reports like this are all some of us have to hang our hats on. I'm sure most of the people that subscribe in this forum are already iphone owners and can care less, but some of us won't leave their current carrier of choice for a phone.

As a Verizon customer (in my area of North Jersey, it's the most reliable carrier out there), I've been suffering through the Blackberry Storm 1 for almost two years and dream of the day that the best smartphone out there is available on my carrier. It's articles like this that feed the dream and will probably keep me from jumping to the Droid X or any other Android device that drops before the end of this year.

So, while this may be a snooze fest for all you guys that are already happy iphone owners, there are MILLIONS of Verizon customers that are foaming at the mouth for this rumor to finally become reality. Just my $0.02...
    06-29-2010 07:12 PM
    Yeah because Apple typically announces new devices 6 months before they are available. I guess I'll be skeptical until I see Steve Jobs and that "can you hear me now" guy at a press conference announcing a Verizon iPhone.
    Except it will be can you see me now...
    06-29-2010 07:39 PM
    If Verizon starts selling iphones then great! I have no problems with ATT what so ever.
    06-29-2010 07:50 PM
    If Verizon starts selling iphones then great! I have no problems with ATT what so ever.
    I don't have any problems with ATT really either, little more 3G coverage would be nice... but hey, where there's wifi there's still a way LOL
    06-29-2010 08:33 PM
    *chirp* *chirp* god I'm so sick of this story going around! who cares?!?!?!
    06-29-2010 09:45 PM
    Just Wallstreet attempting to manipulate stock prices. Don't fall for it.
    06-29-2010 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD