iPhone 4 - 16 or 32 GB

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I'm new here - HI :D and I have a question. I'm upgrading from 3G to iPhone 4 on Thursday - woohooo I can't wait!!! But, which size did y'all get? Currently, I have an 8g and its not even half full. I am finding more apps I like (and can use) daily and I'm filling it up with data. I might use it for work (going to read that thread next, gosh I love this place!) in which I will need quite a bit of room. I'm just wondering if the 16GB would be ok. And also, (ok this is premature) but I'm wondering what Apple will come out with next!! 4GS? :p - Do I need to spend the extra $100 on the iPhone itself, or can I use that $100 for accessories? Decisions decisions!!!
I have an iTouch which holds all my music so I'm not looking to place ALL music on the iPhone, but a little more than I have on there now. :cool:

So, whatcha thing? 16GB or 32GB? What about y'all? what made you decide on the one you got? :confused:

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, I had a 3G 8GB, and I had about half the space. Now I have the i4 16GB. I have about half the space. Just put more music on it, and the video takes up a little more space because of being HD... I'm about 7.4GB of free space.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I had a 16GB 3GS and upgraded to 32GB i4. I figured I would use more space with the 720p video recording and since the camera has more megapixels the pictures you do take are a little larger than with the older model. If you can afford the extra $100 go for it. Plus it might help when it comes to resale when you get the 4GS, or whatever it's going to be called.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
If you're lucky enough to have a choice between the two, get the 32GB.

I was only able to get ahold of a 16GB since the demand is so high right now.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
ahhhh I didn't think about video & new pics!! 32G here I come!! Plus, thanks to this site, there are a few (ok, a few more than 'a few') apps I'd like to try! Thank you much!! :)

BamaSteve

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out the same thing for myself. I have close to 3GB of music right now, but in a year or so I could see that approaching 8GB or so. Also I will probably get a GPS app, so that will take up a good bit. I don't want to run out of space for apps, video, and music...but I also don't want have tons of unused space. I've never had an iphone either, so I don't really have anything to gauge it by.

iLurk13

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I would say get the 32GB. Personally, I think that you can never have enough space. :p You may not use it all but its nice to know that if you need it you have it available. :D

omgabunny

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I got a 32 and I have 2 gigs left after syncing my music. I had to pick n choose which songs or albums tho because I have over 90gb :( if they had a larger one I would have gotten that one but I'm very happy with the 32

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I have a 16GB iPhone 4 only because the 32GB wasn?t available last week. I plan on exchanging it for a 32GB before my 30 days are up and when supplies are available. Honestly right now I only have half of my 16GB i4 field, but I want 32GB just in case. I'd rather have more then not enough.

BamaSteve

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That's good information. I don't plan on filming a ton, but this will take the place of me getting a flip camera. Still trying to decide though. I suppose it depends on what they have in stock soonest.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
i had a 16gb 3G|s| but it began to fill up quickly so now i got the 32gb i4 and have no regrets... i rather have lots of extra space then to eventually need space and have to delete stuff all the time

Guru

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I got the 16gb. I don't think I'll put any movies on it and all the ones I actually record I can dump onto my desktop. Sadly I don't have much music to put on it yet but with Pandora, I have everything I need. It's plenty of room.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods