WHY is there so much iphone4 hate?

I am really enjoying my iphone4. I had a 3G and it is a VAST improvement from what I originally had. The screen is very crisp and the pictures the phone takes are great.

I mean come on people you make it sound like the iphone4 is supposed to revolutionize the world and if you don't get one and it doesn't work exactly right the world will end. It's a phone plain and simple.

I like the features the phone has and sure I've had the antenna issue and several of my apps don't work and my car charger doesn't work anymore but hey that is what happens when you upgrade and as time goes on apple will fix the problems and the phone will be better than all of it's previous predecessors.

I think for what was promised it delivers and then some.

I guess people expect perfection. Look at all the cars that are manufactured and how many recalls they have. It is par for the course it's new technology.

If you are that unhappy with Apple and the phone why then did you wait in like for 8 hours and buy one?

I new I wanted one and I got one and I'm very very happy as I think itis the best $199 bucks I have ever spent!
    06-28-2010 11:26 PM
    amen man! the only issue i have with mine is the antenna thing but im right handed so i dont ever see the issue really unless i try to see it.

anti-apple people need anything and everything they can to take shots on apple and this is their opening. hopefully apple fixes it asap!
    06-28-2010 11:37 PM

If you are that unhappy with Apple and the phone why then did you wait in like for 8 hours and buy one?
    Because we didn't think it would have so much problems.. If we did then i'm pretty sure the majority of us would have waited.

Bu I understand where you come from..
    06-28-2010 11:42 PM
    The phone has what? 1 issue? Idiots dropping glass from 3+ feet onto concrete and it breaking isnt an issue its stupidity. the antenna/reception issue i can almost guarantee will be fixed asap!
    06-28-2010 11:43 PM
    I can't get over how amazing the battery life is!
    06-28-2010 11:55 PM
    I can't get over how amazing the battery life is!
    hell yeah! coming from a JB 3G this thing is amazing!!
    06-28-2010 11:56 PM
    I understand most of the reasons why.
    Jealousy and envy come to mind first.

People don't realize that Apple just
    started making phones in 2007 and
    look how much market share they have.
    06-29-2010 12:14 AM
    WHY is there so much iphone4 hate?

I am really enjoying my iphone4. I had a 3G and it is a VAST improvement from what I originally had. The screen is very crisp and the pictures the phone takes are great.

I mean come on people you make it sound like the iphone4 is supposed to revolutionize the world and if you don't get one and it doesn't work exactly right the world will end. It's a phone plain and simple.

I like the features the phone has and sure I've had the antenna issue and several of my apps don't work and my car charger doesn't work anymore but hey that is what happens when you upgrade and as time goes on apple will fix the problems and the phone will be better than all of it's previous predecessors.

I think for what was promised it delivers and then some.

I guess people expect perfection. Look at all the cars that are manufactured and how many recalls they have. It is par for the course it's new technology.

I new I wanted one and I got one and I'm very very happy as I think itis the best $199 bucks I have ever spent!
    I don't even sweat it anymore, it's the new kid on the block and people can use that hype to get hits on their page. I can make a blog and write a story about non-issues and people will go because it's i4. If you enjoy your phone that's all that matters. I can understand the reception issue because it is a phone so if you can't use it to call that is frustrating but nothing worries me Apple has always stood behind it's products and fixed problems. Have you ever wondered how come it's the only phone subjected to a drop test? lets drop an incredible onto a hard floor face down from 3.5ft and see how long the screen lasts? The reply would be Why would you drop a smartphone it will break but Apple it's like yeah lets drop it and after three times it shattered. I mean come on!!! pffffft whatever
    06-29-2010 12:27 AM
    I am so happy to be back to iPhone after a stint with Android (which I also like, just not as much as iPhone). My iPhone 4 arrived this morning and I have found none of the issues present in my particular device. I just can't get over the beauty of the screen and the smoothness and quickness I am experiencing with the OS. No complaints for me so far.
    06-29-2010 12:27 AM
    The only thing that bugs me is the troll comments I have to sift through on tipb. I expect them on gizmodo or engadget, but this is an iPhone site. Just boggles my mind that people take time out if their day to troll iPhone articles. I've never once thought about hitting a nokia or android forum just to talk **** about people's cell phone purchase. It's like blu-ray/hd DVD all over again!
    Last edited by lasvegasoutlaw; 06-29-2010 at 02:36 AM.
    06-29-2010 02:34 AM
    @lasvegasoutlaw

I don't get it either. Honestly, even when I owned an android device I didn't frequent any android forums.

And, I'm not trying to push my preference on others, so I've got no reason to go and join an android forum to talk about how awesome iPhone is. That's like going to a KKK meeting and trying to show people the latest queen latifah movie...
    06-29-2010 02:43 AM
    Best. Phone. Ever.

Until next years comes out...
    06-29-2010 02:44 AM
    Jello, you had to bring the KKK into this... Lmao
    06-29-2010 02:45 AM
    I'm very happy with my iphone4 it works the way I expected it to and coming from a 3G it was WAY better as I didn't have all the bells and whistles that the 3GS had.

All in all I'm very satisfied with my purchase! I know that issues will be addressed in updates just like the previous iphones.

I sent my old 3G to a friend of mine who had a dinosaur phone and he's gonna become an iphone user!!
    06-29-2010 10:26 AM
    I think they're just trying to get their 10 minutes because I also think it was money WELL spent and I have enjoyed it. It's such a cool phone! Ivenever JB a phone and with everything that's available now- except tethering- there's no reason for me to even consider it. I love itnand I think it looks AMAZING!
    06-29-2010 10:31 AM
    Is the antenna issue happening to everyones? Because I have had NO issues with mine dropping calls etc, even if I hold it like everyone is describing.
    06-29-2010 12:27 PM
    My only issue is the reception issue. it is amazing to me that apple would miss this. If it simply a matter of bridging between the 2 stainless steel antennae in the lower left, they should have simply had more insulation between the two. Bad design.
    06-29-2010 12:58 PM
    I don't think there is anything wrong with legitimate complaints about the phone. It's an expensive piece of kit that a lot of us have been waiting for now for some time. (like, since 2 seconds after we got our 3GS.)

I have the iPhone 4, and have also owned a 3GS and 2G since 2007. I love everything about the phone except for the fact that in my office and around the building I work in, reception is very poor compared to the 3GS. In my office it drops to Edge and creates havoc (interference) with my desk phone.

It's not hate, so much as disappointment. I definitely plan to give Apple the benefit of the doubt as far as software upgrades that might address the issue until that 14 day starts approaching, at which time I'll have to make a decision as to whether or not the gorgeous Retina Display is worth dealing with reception issues at work. I have yet to evaluate it's connectivity at the 20+ other locations I work at either so that concerns me a bit as well.

Despite the tremendous improvement in features and hardware quality over the last iPhone, it does in fact need to have solid 3G/Voice connectivity to fulfill it's purpose.

-n8
    06-29-2010 01:06 PM
    @lasvegasoutlaw

I don't get it either. Honestly, even when I owned an android device I didn't frequent any android forums.

And, I'm not trying to push my preference on others, so I've got no reason to go and join an android forum to talk about how awesome iPhone is. That's like going to a KKK meeting and trying to show people the latest queen latifah movie...
    Hahahaha Now I think I really like you!!
    That was priceless! Oh btw, I have done that before! Just kidding!!
    The last thing I thought I would hear on this forum was a KKK reference!
    You're awesome!
    06-29-2010 01:35 PM
    For whatever reason, defending your smartphone is like arguing politics or religion to
    many people now. For some reason they need to justify why they have a BB/Palm/
    Whatever device they have and bash the iPhone as a reason as to why they don't
    own one. It works all the other ways around too. Just the age we're living in now.
    06-29-2010 03:22 PM
    It's because the iPhone is old hat now and has been the market leader since it came out. Everybody is talking up Android and how it will overtake the iPhone. And the issues with reception, the glass back, etc, just adds fuel to the fire.

But funny how people tend to forget- like the nexus one rollout was a smash hit And the Evo 4G release was perfect as well

For me, it's not so much hate toward Apple, but toward AT&T. Initially with the iPhone, I got so excited about it, I was willing to try out AT&T. But the network was not good where I live, and ultimately I needed to make calls, so I went with Verizon. I don't care about features, I care about the network- I want to make calls and surf the web, esp. since I pay for the network on a monthly basis.
    06-29-2010 03:54 PM
    @lasvegasoutlaw

ROFLMAO !! .. bwhahaha... that has to be the greatest thing I've heard in a while... nice one...
    06-29-2010 03:57 PM
    I've loved all of my iPhones: 3G, 3GS, and now 4. I was pretty upset when I got my 3G and the 3G reception was crazy bad. I can't remember if an OS update or AT&T beefing up its 3G network corrected the issue, but it was frustrating for a while. That said, some of us, probably including me, tend to look for the slightest flaw when we get our shiny, new phone and then magnify its importance. That being said, I think that a reception issue is worthy of consternation, but I expect that it will be addressed satisfactorily.

I really love this iPhone 4. I especially love how it looks and feels. I don't want it in a case because, to me, that would be like getting a Ferrari and encasing it in bubble wrap to keep it from getting scratched: putting it in a case keeps it looking nice, but you don't get to look at it or feel it's design. I will, however, put it in a case when walking the dog: I know that I'd get fumble fingers in situations like that, but otherwise, it's case off for me.
    06-29-2010 05:04 PM
    I actually like Apple products and I have an Iphone 3GS right now, but I don't like the perceived arrogance. I get annoyed by the marketing hype that makes it seem like Apple was the first company to make a smart phone that has a touch screen. Other mobile phones have had front-facing cameras for years, but Apple makes people think they were the first. I don't know whether to be annoyed at Apple or at the ignorance of the majority of American consumers.

They can't even deal with a problem (antenna issue) without some form of arrogance ("you're holding your phone the wrong way") I've never had reception problems with Nokia or Motorola, no matter how I hold their phones. The best (and humble) thing to do would be to agree with the consumer's concerns and work on a fix (and let the consumers know you are working on a fix). Or start shipping those bumpers that probably cost about $.15 to make.

There is a difference between being proud of your product and displaying arrogance about your product. It's all in the words and attitudes that you express. If Apple (Jobbs) would starting practicing more humility and respect in their marketing strategy, I would like the company even more.
    06-29-2010 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD