Crossing time zones - iPhone 4

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
So today I drove from the eastern time zone back to the central time zone. Only my iPhone 4 stayed on eastern time. I had to change it to manual, find somewhere on the same time zone, and then switch back to network.

Anyone else seen this yet? Fluke? Bug?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if it makes a difference that the phone is off when you cross the line? (Since obviously your phone was in airplane mode.)

Oh well...not gonna worry about it until the next trip!

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I crossed time zones yesterday morning - not sure about the i4 yet - but on my 3G it changed on its own.
Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically turned to "on"
Maybe that's it?

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
I had issues last year when I made a cross country road trip with my 3G. We crossed 1 time zone per day and each morning the alarm woke me up an hour early because it didnt update the hour. I think it may have even switched back and forth in confusion, because I checked it before I went to bed each night. Good thing I was going West and not East.

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I went from Eastern to Central and it changed but it never changed back to Eastern when I came back into Eastern. Powered phone off and back on and I was good to o!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
When I drove east from central to eastern, the iPhone 3GS changed on its own. I purchased the 4 while in the eastern time zone, and when I drove home to central time, it didn't change - even though it was set to use network time. <shrug>