iOS 4.01 for iPhone 4

Will we see iOS 4.01 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Satanic Goat

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hoping for it too, I love my new phone, but the reception issue is really bugging me. If it fixes it, then brilliant. Not convinced though.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
After putting all the rumors, speculation, JobsMail, etc. I've read together, it does seem likely that we will get a 4.0.1 update in the next few days, if not today.

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I hope its today or tomorrow.. The sooner the better though tomorrow is my b-day so maybe they will surprise me with an update.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Mine works close to perfect. Only issue that I
had once yesterday was with the photos app.

If I choose to view a pic and delete it, it would
either show the pic being all black or go to the
next pic in which all the options at the bottom
(like delete and others) can't be selected until
I back out the app and go in. Only happened
once, so it may just be a one time occurrence.

driazen

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to go with not this week. The only reasons we'd see it this soon are:

a) They knew it prior to release and already had the hot-fix in test but couldn't get it out to meet the already promised deadline.
b) The first day someone reported it one of the iOS dev's responsible for the radio code went "Oh ****!" and opened the code base to see a line of code he forgot to comment out. (in which case he'd probably be hanging nekkid upside down from the Apple corporate flagpole by this point)

Otherwise I'd expect this high level of a fubar to go through 2 weeks testing at a minimum. There is just enough doubt and ability to blame AT&T built into the iPhone blogosphere to allow for this much testing without losing too much face.

dweasel36

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So would everyone get it? Even 3GS and 3 g users? I don't see any probs with 4.0. At all. I love it.
Running white 3GS 16g

Last edited:

rotchcrocket04

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping they'll get it out this week - and I surely hope it will "fix" as well as everyone is speculating because it's been really annoying me.

I'd imagine it will be an update for 3GS & 4. Only reason is that since they're both iPhone's - I can't imagine them putting one device on 4.0.1 and leaving another on 4.0. It's not like they're cross-device like iPad compared to iPhone OS's. I'm just guessing though.

Ashere

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I really hope it is a software issue. I did see during my own test that when the signal is week and my finger is on the left side seam it does drop. But if i have a stronger signal and my left finger is on the seam it does not effect the signal at all.

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
OS update isn't going to 'fix' the reception issue. It's a hardware fault. If they claim to be offering a fix it will be cosmetic, and therefore entirely pointless.

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
whatever it does, I think Apple won't rush it without testing it more throughly. if it screws something else up they will then have to releasse another quick update on top of that, etc. its not Apple's style.