Why would they release a phone and keep the same design for the 4th generation? Time to move on, otherwise, why wouldn't people just upgrade the OS of the 3GS?
    Last edited by Moonbaseone; 07-15-2010 at 12:43 PM.
    07-15-2010 12:00 PM
    Why would they release a phone and keep the same design for the 4th generation? Time to move on, otherwise, why wouldn't people just upgrade the OS os the 3GS?
    Because its a good design? You can always tweak it some to improve. Not depart from it.

Retina screen, better processor, better battery, HD video recording, much better camera & flash, front facing camera & facetime, double the RAM, HSUPA (10x the upload speed), gyro, wireless N.

Obviously you include the upgrades
    07-15-2010 12:06 PM
    Because its a good design? You can always tweak it some to improve. Not depart from it.

Retina screen, better processor, better battery, HD video recording, much better camera & flash, front facing camera & facetime, double the RAM, HSUPA (10x the upload speed), gyro, wireless N.

They made this phone nearly 25" thinner... They completely remade this phone from the ground up. The design is a world of difference from the 3GS because they wanted to usher in a new era for the iPhone.
    07-15-2010 12:18 PM

There are a lot of good designs. But at some point(I would say generation 4 is a good place to start), it's probably time to move forward, design wise.
    07-15-2010 12:50 PM
    There are a lot of good designs. But at some point(I would say generation 4 is a good place to start), it's probably time to move forward, design wise.
    No, i say you milk it for what its worth. Apple had no problem selling 3GS's.

Apple could have introduced more colors and people would have been screaming how awesome it was.

A glowing apple logo on back would've had apple fans passing out from excitement.
    07-15-2010 01:08 PM
    When the iPhone 4 design leaked, I wasn't sure I liked it. My wife instantly fell in love and said, "we are switching and we are getting the new iPhone."

My response..."um, okay."

Now that we have them, the design has definitely grown on me and I love my phone. Holding the 3GS still feels a little more comfortable for me, but I can't give up the beautiful display of the i4.
    07-15-2010 02:45 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD