best iphone browser

EricDMiller

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
i was wondering besides safari, what browser is the most preferred? currently, ive been playing around with perfect browser, atomic browser and icab mobile. none of this support multitasking but the tabs make them way better than safari. if you use something besides safari, which is it?

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
one of the reasons why i haven't let go of the apple phone is the browser, initially. and i've only had the blackberry pearl to compare with when surfing online (and this is in 2008)

now its the browser and applications

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Atomic Browser, VERY powerful and flexible. Fullscreen, nice tab implimentation, import bookmarks from your computer, report different browser settings to sites to get mobile or full versions. Paid app but totally worth the price.

I had big hopes for opera but it wasn't as good as mobile safari. free.

Firefox home isn't exactly a browser but it can synch your bookmarks and open tabs between it and your desktop if you use firefox. free.

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I've read other places that Skyfire is really slow to render flash video, but it usually will. Will it work with just regular flash sites (menus, etc) ? Or is really only good for rendering flash video?

Just curious before I plunk down the enormous sum of $3 :p

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I think skyfire only does video, I know it won't do games and think I saw it mentioned it won't do menus either.

Just realize that skyfire is simply streaming the video to their server farm which converts it and streams it to you. That's why it can't do those other things and might be slow.

sinisalo

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried Skyfire, but I really like the Mercury Browser by iLegendSoft. It has more features than Safari and you can view it in full screen mode.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I think skyfire only does video, I know it won't do games and think I saw it mentioned it won't do menus either.

Just realize that skyfire is simply streaming the video to their server farm which converts it and streams it to you. That's why it can't do those other things and might be slow.

Yes you are right it is mainly video.

Totally forgot about Atomic though... now there is a good app!

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I use Atomic browser for my main browsing. It is smooth and fast and I love their tab layout. I use skyfire when I want to see flash video and cloud browse when I want flash. But Atomic is my favorite.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods