iPhone 4 water damage indicator?

wireless_peon

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I know there is a water damage indicator in the headphone jack. On the 3GS there was a 2nd indicator located around the 30 pin connector. I cant see one on the iphone 4. I looked through the tear down pictures and couldn't locate it. Unfortunately the reason for asking, a friend took her iPhone 4 into a hot tub. And yes its sitting in a sealed bag of rice for now.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately the reason for asking, a friend took her iPhone 4 into a hot tub. And yes its sitting in a sealed bag of rice for now.

o_O! Im sure there is one somewhere in the phone. you might have to open it to see it though. Did it get full on covered in water?

eratanun

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
That seriously sucks! My friend dropped his in sink while the water was running... Got it out quick, but not before water ran over it. Works fine!

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
There's 2 of them.
One where the dock connector is, and one in the headphone port.
I've only been able to see the one in the dock connector, not sure where it's located on the top.

Grab a flashlight and point it straight down the dock connector. In the center you'll see a little white rectangle, that's the sensor. Of course, it'd be red of water touched it.

ashleybrown07

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
What was your friend thinking when she took her phone with her on a tub. The Liquid contact indicator on iphone is located at dock connector port and the headphone jack, these LCI's are very sensitive that's why you need to be very careful on exposing your phone with water.

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
The rice is fine for getting the last traces of moisture out, or for phones where you can remove the battery, but it doesn't do much for iPhones. Really, the best thing that you can do is open it up and disconnect the battery.

It's not the water that damages the phone so much, it's the corrosion that happens when there is voltage present while wet that is the main problem. There's no way to power down an iPhone short of disconnecting the battery.

Good luck...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2