Okay everyone... I've had my iphone 4 for two days and because I'm a little OCD about things, I've noticed several issues. Some are minor, some not. I'm thinking of exchanging it or waiting to see if some of the issues get fixed via a software update. What would you do? My issues are:

Reception problem with left hand side. The bumper helps, but it shouldn't do it even without a bumper.

Wifi won't stay connected. I have to turn on and off airplane mode a few times to get it to reconnect. I've checked everything on the router and the phone and all my other wifi devices work fine.

Yellow splotches at the bottom. First day it was noticeable but now i's almost gone. I'm just nervous it may come back.

Location indicator gets stuck on. Again, turning on and off airplane mode fixes it temporarily.

Either a dead pixel or spec of dust under the screen. It's probably barely noticeable to most, but I see it almost every time I use the phone.

So, would you exchange it or wait it out to see if things get better? Thanks!
    06-27-2010 07:53 AM
    If your not happy with it I would return it, You spend you money on it so you should be happy with it.
    06-27-2010 08:02 AM
    i'm the same sort of OCD as you,and feeling very uneasy lately but:

Your issues

Reception problem with left hand side. The bumper helps, but it shouldn't do it even without a bumper. i purchased the griffin Reveal... so its actually ALSO adding more protection than the bumper, but i agree, it seems to be a design flaw

Wifi won't stay connected. I have to turn on and off airplane mode a few times to get it to reconnect. I've checked everything on the router and the phone and all my other wifi devices work fine. this is the first i've heard of this.. is the WiFi signal strong? what type of router are you using?

Yellow splotches at the bottom. First day it was noticeable but now i's almost gone. I'm just nervous it may come back. From the information on the internet, it will not be coming back

Location indicator gets stuck on. Again, turning on and off airplane mode fixes it temporarily. I've found some programs are incorrectly or unnecessarily going background, like buzzie for example.. they are keeping my GPS active in the BG. by toggling your AP mode, you're probably ending that background process.. check what apps your using.

Either a dead pixel or spec of dust under the screen. It's probably barely noticeable to most, but I see it almost every time I use the phone. you have REALLY good eyes, but there is an acceptable amount of dead pixels, atleast to the mfgr, not me tho

So, would you exchange it or wait it out to see if things get better? Thanks!
    i'm pretty satisfied with the ip4, but then again, thats me.. im not having some of your problems. i'd follow your gut, if you feel these are true problems then exchange the phone. if so tho, i'd probably get the ball rolling soon, because its going to be tough to get an ip4 for some time.
    06-27-2010 09:21 AM
    If it was me I would return it because you have had it for only a short time. You spent money for it so you should be happy with the phone. Return it if it doesn't make you happy!!! Software would fix some of those and the blotches would go away but the dust specs won't go away.
    06-27-2010 11:16 AM
    Swap it out at store.

But you're gonna have to be a little tolerant on certain things as we wait for updates. There's always bugs in a x.0 version.
    06-27-2010 12:20 PM
    I agree that you should swap out for a new one and see if the phone problems are still there. As far as the wifi dropping- some other people had a problem and made some router changes that helped. You can check out that thread.
    You should like what you've purchased. I really love the phone and I have to admit that I'm not having trouble.
    I hope you get it worked out- for this amount of money, you should feel good about it!
    06-27-2010 12:33 PM
    Return it if you are not happy. As far as dead pixels on this phone, you can't even see pixels. But dust... take it back.
    06-27-2010 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD