Who is going naked with their iPhone 4?

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Au Naturel

Naked - I want to easily slip in and out of my pocket or a Seidio holster (when available). I'll use a case with a tether when pursuing active outdoor activities.
How do you carry your iPhone in the car? Mine is always securely seated in a dash mounted holder- a case would get in the way. OTOH...if Apple doesn't correct the antenna issue my answer is that I'll be carrying my iPhone 3GS (again) naked!

natrixgli

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the Belkin "Grip Vue" clear rubber case from Best Buy. I don't like the idea of setting my phone down and having it slide around, especially with the flush mounted camera lens on the back. It doesn't make it more difficult to slide in and out of my pocket. The volume buttons are a tad hard to press with it on, but I suspect it will break in after some time.

-n8

bconley007

May 9, 2010
Visit site
my phone is naked right now, but i am careful with it, i have invisibleshield and a griffin reveal case on their way...try those for now

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
If I get one....I'll use it case-less and have it in a Golla bag when it's in my purse. I did like the clear backed Griffin case I saw in use by an Apple guy yesterday, tho'..

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
I would love to go naked but the antenna issue just isn't going let that happen. I should be getting my Blk Bumper this week.

bubba133385

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Otterbox

Although the phone is extremely beautiful, I'm opting for the otterbox commuter series. I had one on my 3GS and it doesn't increase the profile that much at all and I love the feeling of knowing my device is completely protected.

robotphood

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Naked for now. Waiting on a screen/back protector. If the reception issue doesn't get resolved I may opt for a zagg like protector on the sides (if it prevents it?). The only case I'd opt for is the incipio feather if it comes down to it.

bubba133385

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Although the phone is extremely beautiful, I'm opting for the otterbox commuter series. I had one on my 3GS and it doesn't increase the profile that much at all and I love the feeling of knowing my device is completely protected.

Going along with what I said above... That case won't be available for another few weeks or so so until then I'll be goin naked so I can keep gettin the " oh man is that the new iPhone" comments. It's a big discussion piece everywhere I go :)

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I have a bumper to try out and see if it helps the signal drop, but not sure I'm going to keep it. It gets in the way and I can only plug the Apple USB cable into it (no 3rd party). Also, the rubber makes it harder to get in and out of my pocket.

I DO like the fact that I can set it on a desk without the back glass getting scratched. So I'm still on the fence.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I got the Griffin Reveal for iPhone 4. Its got black around the sides kinda like a bumper and on the back its clear so it displays the sleekness of the phone. I love this case so far! protects the back from surfaces and still shows the phone off!!!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the bumpers, but now wish I would not have. I am still waiting for delivery, so I am considering refusing the package. This weekend I picked up the gray smoke RocketFish case and it is sort of wavy design and yet you can still see the Apple Logo. Looks really cool, fits really well. Seems to provide decent protection for the back and sides.

I personally can't imagine not having a case or shield on my phone. I think it is just crazy to leave one of these phones totally unprotected. Different Strokes for Different Folks! I got a lot more sense than money, but that is my take.

9979778_rc.jpg

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I got a lot more sense than money

Ha! There's a lot of people who don't have either and have filed Chapter 13 because of it. Sometimes a man who has common sense is richer than a man with none at all.

Speaking of different strokes.....I didn't think I'd like it at first but I'm a bumper man. Not sure if I'll get any other protection.

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
I have a bumper to try out and see if it helps the signal drop, but not sure I'm going to keep it. It gets in the way and I can only plug the Apple USB cable into it (no 3rd party). Also, the rubber makes it harder to get in and out of my pocket.

I DO like the fact that I can set it on a desk without the back glass getting scratched. So I'm still on the fence.

My sentiments exactly. I keep bouncing back and forth. I'll probably end up going caseless most of the time.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
lungho you ole road dawg, you are going to make me accept that package and try it. hehehe :)

Ha! Be wary of of one thing about the bumper. Some of my old charge/sync cables don't fit in the phone with the bumper on. That's something to take into consideration.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I got the Griffin Reveal for iPhone 4. Its got black around the sides kinda like a bumper and on the back its clear so it displays the sleekness of the phone. I love this case so far! protects the back from surfaces and still shows the phone off!!!

My buddy at work has that phone case and the clear backing is scratched up. It is very easily to mark it up. It looks like poo. I would return it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods