Who is going naked with their iPhone 4?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Im really amazed how thin the iPhone 4 feels. Both in use and when its in my pocket. I know its not that much thinner, but it feels like this a thick credit card...

Also its easily the prettiest phone I have ever owned. It would be a shame to cover that gorgeous glass and streamline steel band...

I know I am playing with fire, and you will probably see me post another thread soon crying my eyes out with a shattered iPhone, but I think I am going to go naked this time... The iPhone 4 is too gorgeous to cover up...

Anyone else?

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm going commando. I never drop my phone *knock on wood.* I never dropped my 2G, 3G or 3GS. I just don't know how people do it. I'm pretty sure handed. Signal isn't TOO bad here. I like to just whip it out (my iphone that is) and be like, "bam, see that. That's something you dont have."

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
No, I've got mine in my 3GS case and plan on leaving it in there. The phone does look great but to leave it out knowing the risk that are included is like wearing a, "Hey, look at me, I have a cool iPhone 4. Who wants to touch me... line up..."

The risk are simply too great and there is no reward for going comando with i4.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No, I've got mine in my 3GS case and plan on leaving it in there. The phone does look great but to leave it out knowing the risk that are included is like wearing a, "Hey, look at me, I have a cool iPhone 4. Who wants to touch me... line up..."

No one touches mine. I am just too scared that they'll mess it up. No one touched my others either. If I showed them something neat on the internet or on the phone, I held it.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I will definitely keep it in a case. I am very careful but the idea of a cracked glass sends shiver down my back. Plus the front screen will be much more expensive to have fixed with thisparticular phone as it is attached to I beleive some sort of logic board???!?!!

thebrain2u

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site
Basically, if my iPhone 4 is not in my hands or my pocket, it's sitting in a felt pouch. I'm uber careful with my phones so I pretty positive no damage will come to it. However, when I let someone use it, I'll never know how careful they are. Hence, I'm looking around for a hardcase. You know, for when you're roughin' it and might let some borrow it for a quick phone call.

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I've got a black bumper on mine. I actually like the way the bumper looks with the built in metal buttons and everything. Plus I am having the reception problem when there's nothing on it, so the bumper helps with that.

spades1412

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I really thought about it. However after seeing how easily the phones break when dropped, I didnt want to risk it and picked up a case.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I really thought about it. However after seeing how easily the phones break when dropped, I didnt want to risk it and picked up a case.
Those tests are bogus. They dropped them consecutively. Causing much more stress on them. If you drop your phone four consecutive times back to back, you probably aren't responsible enough to have one.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
After WWDC, I was in the "anti-bumper" crowd. Then I read about the antennae problem people were having and that the bumper seemed to solve that problem. Now that I actually have a bumper, I like the way it looks and the way it feels. The chrome buttons are a nice touch too.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't currently have a case but that isn't bc I don't want one but bc no stores around me have any in stock. I just have my invisibleshield on the front right now. My gf got the last pink case in thousand oaks but I couldn't get the invisibleshield to stay on with the case. I'll have to find a different screen protector for her iPhone.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I do this too! my husband always thinks I am hiding something! LOL:D

Girlfriend same thing. We almost broke up over it. I had to sit down on a couch, and let her go through it (kinda creepy if you ask me). But calmed her fears. She wants one now after playing with my old iPhone (offered to sell to her ;) )

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I got a case the same day i got my Iphone 4 in the mail, lucky enough my local best buy had their Iphone 4 accessories a day before launch. But yesterday I also got the invisible shield(just the front part), I put my phone in my pocket all the time where my change and keys usually also rest...
:)

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Probably a bumper and an invisible shield front and back. I wont leave it completely unprotected. After reading through these stories this weekend of damaged iPhone 4's, I am a bit paranoid. I too never drop my phones and I am extremely cautious but all it takes it one accidental slip.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative