Well I didn't get in the pre-order group this time around and decided to wait until I saw initial reviews. After a 2 days I decided to grab one. After calling places all over the city (a feeble attempt), I was told ATT would be opening up at 7AM to sell to the general public who didn't pre-order. I was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat as me. I was initially going to wait for the white iPhone 4 but after seeing how delicate it seems, I am going to case it so the color doesn't matter. So you in this Tuesday!?
    06-27-2010 12:09 AM
    I think I'm going to do the same on Tuesday. I didn't go to the Apple Store because I didn't feel like lining up at 4 in the morning so I don't have the new iPhone yet either. I'm going to put a case of some sort on it, or at least and bumper and front/back invisible shields.
    06-27-2010 12:24 AM
    Nice thing about where I live is my apartment complex was built 2 years ago and it was built on top of retail spaces. They opened up an ATT store last year. So when I get up I, I take the elevator down and I am there. Last week I peaked out the window and there was a crazy line.
    06-27-2010 12:27 AM
    I was in an Apple store today and was told they are talking names and emailing in order from the list when new phones arrive. You then have 24 hours to come in and claim your phone. I presume this is across the board at all Apple stores. I am waiting to see the white phone before I buy, but this does seem like a pretty hassle free system. He did not know when the phones were arriving at the store.
    06-27-2010 12:38 AM
    I heard this about the Apple store too. This is one of the reasons I chose to go through ATT. They said its a first come first serve deal, and best to arrive early.
    06-27-2010 11:02 AM
    Yeah I heard the same thing and plan on being at mine early in the morning as well.
    06-27-2010 11:28 AM
    I'll be there Tuesday!
    06-27-2010 11:30 AM
    Rumor has it that ATT stores are getting a very large amount of iPhone 4's to fill the demand. Either way I will be there early. I am excited. So long T-Mobile and Nexus One. Everyone talks about how crappy ATT is but over the course of the last few months T-Mobile has let me down over and over. I never have signal when I need it. One of the biggest reasons I am jumping ship. My plan was to get one and unlock it but no more. Plus I think I would hate to use this device on EDGE only. Painful.
    06-27-2010 11:41 AM
    Im going to be camping in front of my local att store about dark tomorrow night. I got screwed on my preorder (that was cancelled for no reason Wed night) so Im not gonna miss out.
    06-27-2010 12:11 PM
    I am not going going that all out. I may arrive around 5-6. I dont think, at least where I live, that arriving the night before is necessary.
    06-27-2010 05:10 PM
    hahaha i plan on going tomorrow night (Monday) about 9 pm just to make sure i can get my dad one! lol i already got mine and love it so i feel he deserves it too!
    06-27-2010 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD