iPhone4 Battery Life: Post A Usage Screenshot

maxaudet

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Here is mine, I'm pretty impressed:

Get my iP4 last friday. Did 2 full cycles (empty until it shutdowns and charge for 12hours) this week end. Haven't plugged since monday morning.

Use:
Mostly Reeder, Twitter, Facebook, AppStore+apps downloads, podcast/music listening and mails over 3G
And few pics, videos, SMS and some other.

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
It says I plugged it in, which I did, to transfer music, that's all :). I got it yesterday. Charged it up to 100% while at work, then used it all day. 6 hours isn't bad for not conditioning the battery. :) I think! It's certainly no blackberry but I honestly feel "better" using an iphone because of the quality (and crappy) apps! They Literally have an app for almost everything! Now I Just need to find the RIGHT app ;). Lol. Also, on the BB I used to have to "think" about buying apps as the minimum used to be 3 dollars, and normally 5. With the iphone, I can get 5 apps for the same price as one BB. I'm not ragging on the BB. But I love this device :D I'll post again in a few days about battery life! :D

Recap: This image was with only the initial charge. I'll cycle it a few days and then post back :)

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
after a day with GPRS :)

This is my usage. I use whatsapp all day. I turned off 3G because for chatting I don't see it as necessary. Regardless, on this charge I did:

* 50 min of music (with headphones)
* 40 minutes of games (some that connect to the internet)
* around 800 messages (total = incoming and outgoing) via beejive / whatsapp / facebook
* around 10 pictures (some uploaded)
* wifi (10 min)
* location services (around 10 min for different apps)
* showing off some apps to some friends (like the Photoshop app) so that's kind of processor intensive.

I synced it to my PC when it was at 25% and didn't go up, I only wanted to import the pictures.

What do you think of my battery life? Good? Bad?

I'm coming from the Blackberry 9700 (and before that BB, I had the BB 8100, 8300, 8800, 8900, 9000, 9500, 9520). So I'm not sure if this is good battery life. I love the iphone A TON more than my blackberry but in regards to battery, BB has it all. Also, I think the BB has another advantage. I find that some apps have small small text for my eyes, while the BB had a universal setting for text size.

Back to the topic. What do you think of my battery life?

Last edited:

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Here's my latest
cb766ef2.jpg

qzilver

Sep 2, 2010
www.giantrobot.cz.cc
7 hrs and 44 minutes with normal usage

I got around 7 hours and 44 minutes of usage and 2 days standby. But I wasn't using it that much the first day and 2nd day probably normal usage, nothing heavy. I might trying using it a lot and then post my usage again.
IMG_0194.jpg

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I think that it is simply because, with iPhone 4, battery life simply ceased to be an issue. I am no longer fearful that my battery will not last until I get home, no longer carry a backup.

I Think Your Right Buddy! we know we can the day so you know

josy

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
imagerz.com/QEJDCUtvAwMEU1IcQgVQ

3G on allday
6hours were games and net over wifi, otherwise i always turn off the wifi
push and local notifications were set to off
i also killed every applications from the background

These values are good bad maybe average ? iOS 4.1 is running on my device

lilmoe

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Bad battery?

This is mine. I charge my Phone before I sleep to 100% - wifi on. Then I turn on 3G and data around 6:30 to use on my bus ride to school which is about an hour. During that time I listen to music, browse the web, facebook or twitter.

By the time I get to school my battery is at ~70%. I leave 3G on during school. Then on the bus ride home - also 1 hr long, I play some games or browse the web, facebook or twitter. By the time I get home at 4 PM the battery is below 20%.

iPhone 4, 1 mail account, 50% auto brightness, 4-5 notifications apps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR