iPhone4 Battery Life: Post A Usage Screenshot

Bennieficial

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this was said or not, but could how much free space you have on ur hard drive affect battery life? I have a ton of music and only have about 4gb left on my 32 gb i4. I average about 5-6 hours usage with heavy usage ( i think 7 hours was my max).

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm convinced about one thing. Let me explain. I jailbroke my ip4 then decided against it, after my battery life immediately started to exhibit increased drain. So I restored from backup. Since restoring from backup my battery life has continued to drain faster then anytime prior to jb/restore. Only time it seemed to operate better, was when my ip4 was setup as a new phone. There is some connection between restoring backups and reduced battery life. I had the same weird connection on my 3GS.

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this was said or not, but could how much free space you have on ur hard drive affect battery life? I have a ton of music and only have about 4gb left on my 32 gb i4. I average about 5-6 hours usage with heavy usage ( i think 7 hours was my max).

maybe but i roll with like 5g left on my 32g and i just pulled 9.2h yesterday. i was podcasting, trueshuffling, gaming, and arranging my apps only thing was i was on wifi all day so i think it was adding two hours. i would have made 10h but at 9.2h i forgot and sat it on my ihome to blast some music forgetting that it charges lol i had 12% left. but with 5-6 h i think its just that your brightness is like 60% or higher. lets us know.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Best yet the other day!

iPhone4pictures2202.png

Rolf

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
my usuage, with 3g on all day, 50 percent brightness, and push email. is this normal/average or do you think I should go into the apple store and get it tested?

http://imgur.com/tIovq.png[/IMG]"]

It looks to me like you spend a hell of a lot of time talking, so it's hard to gauge what's "normal". How much of that day was pure talk time?

Edit: That isnt meant to sound so negative, but I'm not changing it :p

spencerk

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
It looks to me like you spend a hell of a lot of time talking, so it's hard to gauge what's "normal". How much of that day was pure talk time?

Edit: That isnt meant to sound so negative, but I'm not changing it :p

I think those number are from my old 3G because I've only had my phone for a week haha.

The day I took that screen shot I barely talked on the phone. Maybe a total of 10 minutes of talk. Mostly email and web browsing. I would describe it as light to medium use. Leaning towards lighter use

So would you consider that a normal battery or should I go into apple and have it checked

Last edited:

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Here's mine on the second day i got it... couldn't be happier with the battery considering the screen this phone has.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm convinced about one thing. Let me explain. I jailbroke my ip4 then decided against it, after my battery life immediately started to exhibit increased drain. So I restored from backup. Since restoring from backup my battery life has continued to drain faster then anytime prior to jb/restore. Only time it seemed to operate better, was when my ip4 was setup as a new phone. There is some connection between restoring backups and reduced battery life. I had the same weird connection on my 3GS.

yup... after JB'ing, my iP4 battery took a serious drop... no where as good as pre-JB... I could go 16hrs before hitting 10%.... now i'm at 30% after barely 8hrs... JB'ing has completely ****ed up my battery life and i'm seriously not impressed...

i'll probably restore (full factory restore) and not JB to see if things come back to normal...

battery life (and the retina display) were really the only things that made me come back to an iphone... now that one of those has taken a ****... i'm tempted to restore and sell... :(

would rather just maybe get a revised iPod Touch that gets retina display and get something else for a phone...

Last edited:

stryguy

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
This is my wife's Droid X.. I have an Iphone 4.

Her Droid X has a 4.3 inch screen, live wall paper, widgets for facebook and twitter, she (as evident in the screen shot) talks on it ALL the time. Like hours upon hours. All this and it lasts way longer then my Iphone which is supposed to have the best battery life of all smart phones.

I'm disappointed. My old 3GS would go for DAYS.. I mean DAYS.. Like 3 days with average use.

I'm lucky to get 1 day out of my Iphone 4. While my wife gets 2 days out of her phone and talks on it about 5 times more than I do.

Last edited:

Unchewable

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The iphone 4 has given me insane battery life i am currently testing a brunton inspire 3200 mah battery pack for hiking so i have been watching my battery life more then usual. i didnt screen cap it but under heavy use no problem hitting 7 hours + using radio with screen off a bit, gps even the light i saw 9 hours once when i took my battery life all the way to 2%. if you dont see a massive and i mean massive difference in your battery something is wrong. Even trying to run my battery down using my light for 30 min at the end of the day just to run it down to below 5%. real world use is easily 2 days no charging for me. i love my iphone 4 was hesitant to get it originally but love it and i am rocking no case :D.

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
It's hard to judge my battery life. It seemed really good when I first upgraded from 3G to 4. I did get my i4 right after I moved, where I get basically no signal at home and have to turn wifi on for data. With usually average to mildly heavy usage, some days my battery is just gone, while other days it seems to hardly move, probably due to how hard its trying to find a signal. More often than not, I feel like my battery life is pretty bad though.

As a side note, my 3G (iOS 4.0.1) has it's battery meter stuck at 100%. I never know when it's dying, and restore as new hasn't fixed it.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This is my wife's Droid X.. I have an Iphone 4.

Her Droid X has a 4.3 inch screen, live wall paper, widgets for facebook and twitter, she (as evident in the screen shot) talks on it ALL the time. Like hours upon hours. All this and it lasts way longer then my Iphone which is supposed to have the best battery life of all smart phones.

I'm disappointed. My old 3GS would go for DAYS.. I mean DAYS.. Like 3 days with average use.

I'm lucky to get 1 day out of my Iphone 4. While my wife gets 2 days out of her phone and talks on it about 5 times more than I do.

Um, either there's something wrong with your iPhone 4, or you're using it extremely excessively. There's no way you haven't changed your usage and you're getting 1/3rd the battery life when the battery in the new phone is 40% larger...

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I agree with Jellotime, you've got an issue if you are getting this bad of battery life. I can go 2 days with my iPhone 4 very easily if I need too. I am having days were I am 16 hours or so of standby time with 8 hours or more of pretty good usage and I am still showing 40% of my battery life left. If I try I can do even better than that. I had posted some screen shots early on, don't really want to post them again, but I will.

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
whoa my battery life dropped off after the jailbreak.....but thats part of the game lol im at 3h use and 17h standby with 32% left. Down from like 7-8h of use and 24-32h of standby but it looks like i could hit 5h of use which is doable.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreak simply doesn't offer enough sugar for a dime to give up my great battery life. I guess everyone is different, but I don't want to have to deal with or think about battery life. Right now I do know and if jailbreaking would change that, it isn't worth it to me no matter how much free software there is available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2