iPhone4 Battery Life: Post A Usage Screenshot

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
screenshot please

I have great battery life too. I mainly use Wifi when I am at the office or home. But when on the road I use 3G. I am using the heck out of my phone probably 8 hours of use with 14 to 18 hours of standby time and still having a tad bit under 50% of battery life. .

we have to see a screen of that, because that would mean your getting double what the rest of us are getting. And some more info on settings, brightness, sound on/off ect. I would like to do it your way if thats what your getting.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
ef8838a3.jpg

I just realized my last pic had 7 hours of usage!

I really love this i4.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Duvi - come fix my i4!!!! hehe Not going to repeat my setting again, I think they're in my last post on this thread. The one thing I have not done, is let it run completely out and then recharge from there. Thats my next step. I'm trying so hard to get my battery life up!!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
we have to see a screen of that, because that would mean your getting double what the rest of us are getting. And some more info on settings, brightness, sound on/off ect. I would like to do it your way if thats what your getting.

Okay here is my latest screen capture that I did in the wee hours of the AM when I got home.

Brightness is default, no vibrate, several push notifications, no push email, sound is on and in fact I stream music several hours a day as evident by my usage. I send lots of text messages and run IM+ or Trillian IM constantly. I am running on 3G network, but mainly use Wifi because I have access at home, work and many other places I go. I also use email via Google Sync, along with my calendar and contacts syncing. Again I use fetch for email one time an hour, and I don't use push email. I stream Pandora or Slacker almost constantly. I also don't use Bluetooth, so it is off. Location Service is off and I only turn it on when needed. I also have my Wifi set not to search out new connections.

battery3.png

Archetype

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Just as an update, I did a full restore on mine and set it up as a new phone and my battery life is just as bad.

My screen shot is at twitgoo.com/17rg3q

I'm going to pay a visit to my local Apple Store to see if they can add any insight to my situation or give me a new phone. After two weeks of scouring the interwebs for similar stories, I can say that although there are others experiencing poor battery life, the overwhelming consensus on the battery in the iPhone 4 is positive. Hopefully, I can get in on some of that Apple magic soon. (-:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Okay here is my latest screen capture that I did in the wee hours of the AM when I got home.

Brightness is default, no vibrate, several push notifications, no push email, sound is on and in fact I stream music several hours a day as evident by my usage. I send lots of text messages and run IM+ or Trillian IM constantly. I am running on 3G network, but mainly use Wifi because I have access at home, work and many other places I go. I also use email via Google Sync, along with my calendar and contacts syncing. Again I use fetch for email one time an hour, and I don't use push email. I stream Pandora or Slacker almost constantly. I also don't use Bluetooth, so it is off. Location Service is off and I only turn it on when needed. I also have my Wifi set not to search out new connections.

battery3.png

W...T...F....wow. I'm jealous

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
OTACORB you have the golden i4 no one else will get those numbers and you have 40% to go. Game over we need to clone your phone

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
@Alli I just listened to your podcast, it was great, and to the last question about my post it sounded like your cousins husband* thought the screen shots were projected figures not usage after the fact. Because his example of the car shows what it thinks your gonna get, the odometer whould show what you got. The info he gave was great i just think he was under the impression that the screenshot were guesses not actual usage.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
OTACORB you have the golden i4 no one else will get those numbers and you have 40% to go. Game over we need to clone your phone

I think the only real variance to all this is probably our talk times. Lets face it using these phones on 3G uses up battery pretty good. I guess the only other thing folks could compare is their talk time from day to day. I probably talk in total less than an hour a day on my phone. The rest is email, texting, sending IM's etc. So it my estimation those that aren't getting the life I am are probably talking a lot more than I am.

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I think the only real variance to all this is probably our talk times. Lets face it using these phones on 3G uses up battery pretty good. I guess the only other thing folks could compare is their talk time from day to day. I probably talk in total less than an hour a day on my phone. The rest is email, texting, sending IM's etc. So it my estimation those that aren't getting the life I am are probably talking a lot more than I am.

You can see from my screens that i may talk on my i4 maybe 20min if that in a day. The only way i could see getting your numbers compaired to the rest of ours is like turning everything down and off the using only the ipod on it. I for one am happy with the battery life im getting and would only trade it for yours lol

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
yes the 3gs my gf is using wont get close to that hers will be like 4h use and 14h standby. you happy with your battery life?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2