iPhone4 Battery Life: Post A Usage Screenshot

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Damn, all you guys getting such amazing battery life with Bluetooth on... I never have Bluetooth on, I'm betting I will be able to get even better battery... I can't wait to get my white iPhone 4!

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Whoa i love it mine is getting better each cycle. It went from 6.5h to 7h to 7.5h usage 24-32h standby once i get the usage over 8 hours ill just use it normail I think ill make it this cycle. im where i was the first day with 40% to go.

3c9ab5f3.jpg

i used an aftermarket charger and it took close to 4 hours to change the thing 17mins each 10% then from 90-100 one hour is that usual for the last 10 % to take longer a battery cell life saving thing. i usually use an apple charger that one was my back up at work

Last edited:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Damn, all you guys getting such amazing battery life with Bluetooth on... I never have Bluetooth on, I'm betting I will be able to get even better battery... I can't wait to get my white iPhone 4!

You'll have yours soon and get to enjoy this
amazing battery life. This is what I want
more smartphones to work on before bringing
1Ghz procs. My N1 isn't this good with the
brightness up.

RyzeHD

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys here is a screenshot of my usage for today. Would you guys consider it to be consistent w/ what you guys are getting? I'm almost certain my 3GS battery would have already been drained by dinner time, so I'm pretty satisfied so far w/ the 4's battery.

Here are my settings:

- 3G is on at work from 8-5, until I get home where Wi-fi is on the rest of the night. Location services are turned on periodically.
- Brightness sits at about 40% w/ Auto-Brightness on.
- All email is set at Manual Fetch. Notifications on for BeejiveIM.
- Bluetooth on for around 30 minutes in the day.

photo-10.png

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Since it's a hot topic, anyone have any battery questions? Next week's Convertcast podcast we're having an engineer as a guest whose specialty is batteries. Thought it would be nice to talk about it, and finally put to rest the question of do you or don't you keep the battery topped off, and how often do you drain it completely.

bkoyano

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feed to an expert. What is the recommended charging method for iPhone 4? 1) Regardless of available charge % - charge phone daily? or 2) only charge phone when under 20%?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the feed to an expert. What is the recommended charging method for iPhone 4? 1) Regardless of available charge % - charge phone daily? or 2) only charge phone when under 20%?

Captured. On the list to ask him.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
7dd3984e.jpg

Couldn't be happier, 8 hours of use??!! I'd be lucky to get 4-5 on my 3G if I baby it. That's 8 hours of Internet, games, videos, etc. 

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Boom im done I went over my mark of 8 hours of use. Alli I have a question. How many times and how often should you power cycle your battery to get peak performance? If you follow my shots of usage they have gotten better after each cycle. After the first one I have run then the same way brightness 40% notifications on for most apps 3g off when not needed push set to manually and wifi at night. I have to try to run the battery out its great! Oh and Alli give us a link to the answers you get thanks.

ba912600.jpg

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Got you too, iVenom. I'll do my best to write down the answers to these specific questions during the podcast. (Or ya could just listen. ;) )

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro