So this is my second iPhone 4. The first was replace because the battery was pretty bad.
    The replacement one I have is a little better but I'm only getting 5hrs of usage daily.
    Is that normal? I only talk about 20 minutes a day. I used it at work the most.
    I have only one e-mail account and I fetch it hourly. Brightness is 50%. Everything else
    is turn off as recommended. I have it for 2 weeks now and I already did a battery cycle.
    The most I used it is internet browsing and some games. It's on 3G with like 3 bars in my area.
    I also restore it as a new phone when I got it.

Should I take it the apple store or is that pretty much the average about 5hrs.
    My wife iPhone 4 gets a lot more from the battery but she use it more on wifi than me.
    08-13-2010 12:03 PM
    So this is my second iPhone 4. The first was replace because the battery was pretty bad.
    The replacement one I have is a little better but I'm only getting 5hrs of usage daily.
    Is that normal? I only talk about 20 minutes a day. I used it at work the most.
    I have only one e-mail account and I fetch it hourly. Brightness is 50%. Everything else
    is turn off as recommended. I have it for 2 weeks now and I already did a battery cycle.
    The most I used it is internet browsing and some games. It's on 3G with like 3 bars in my area.
    I also restore it as a new phone when I got it.

Should I take it the apple store or is that pretty much the average about 5hrs.
    My wife iPhone 4 gets a lot more from the battery but she use it more on wifi than me.
    There's something not right, to get that little useage you have something else going on, you must???!?!?! I get double your usage, I average about 10 hours of useage, yours is poo poo
    08-13-2010 12:27 PM
    There's something not right, to get that little useage you have something else going on, you must???!?!?! I get double your usage, I average about 10 hours of useage, yours is poo poo
    I dont know what else is going on. Everything else is off. The most I used is safari but that's like a couple of hours of used. I play a couple of games that used the 3G and use eBay APP but thats about it.
    08-13-2010 12:37 PM
    Try closing any apps you have running in the background when you're done using them, see if that improves your battery usage.
    08-13-2010 01:12 PM
    Here's mine. It's on charge now just after I took the screen shot.

08-14-2010 07:15 PM
    Here's mine - what do you all think? I worry about my battery - I see shots like the poster before me and I think I should be getting more out of it.
    08-16-2010 09:52 PM
    something is weird...
    i left my wifi all day on at home today.. with whatsapp and messaging usage.. i am getting 3 hours 28 mins with 70% left ... if this holds steady i will get about 10 hour usage at the end of the day...

this is way better then what i get without wifi on ..

could it be apps or the iphone trying to reach the internet but can't uses up more battery ?
    i turn all my push off and email to manual .. but i will from time to time get pop ups asking me to turn on wifi or data settings ...

i am jailbroken btw
    08-17-2010 10:02 PM
    Guess Steve Jobs wasn't lying

http: //img217.imageshack.us/img217/8592/img0147v.png

wifi on all day
    push off
    location on
    brightness at B

moderate - heavy whatsapp and messaging usage
    light phone calls
    and heavy ocarina usage
    08-18-2010 04:33 PM
    i need to use my phone more so i can see how my battery is holding up! i guess ill do this tomorrow and see what i got!
    08-18-2010 06:43 PM
    No, my battery life is not good on the 4g. I just upgraded from a 3G and my battery life on my 3G was better, i had it jailbroken so I had the battery % for a while now.
    All these people cannot be wrong. The 4 is not just marginally better. Take yours into the Apple store and exchange it.
    08-18-2010 09:26 PM
    Here is mine, I'm pretty impressed:

Get my iP4 last friday. Did 2 full cycles (empty until it shutdowns and charge for 12hours) this week end. Haven't plugged since monday morning.

Use:
    Mostly Reeder, Twitter, Facebook, AppStore+apps downloads, podcast/music listening and mails over 3G
    And few pics, videos, SMS and some other.
    08-18-2010 09:51 PM
    Thats a good battery
    08-18-2010 10:31 PM
    It says I plugged it in, which I did, to transfer music, that's all . I got it yesterday. Charged it up to 100% while at work, then used it all day. 6 hours isn't bad for not conditioning the battery. I think! It's certainly no blackberry but I honestly feel "better" using an iphone because of the quality (and crappy) apps! They Literally have an app for almost everything! Now I Just need to find the RIGHT app . Lol. Also, on the BB I used to have to "think" about buying apps as the minimum used to be 3 dollars, and normally 5. With the iphone, I can get 5 apps for the same price as one BB. I'm not ragging on the BB. But I love this device I'll post again in a few days about battery life!

Recap: This image was with only the initial charge. I'll cycle it a few days and then post back
    09-02-2010 02:47 AM
    This is my usage. I use whatsapp all day. I turned off 3G because for chatting I don't see it as necessary. Regardless, on this charge I did:

* 50 min of music (with headphones)
    * 40 minutes of games (some that connect to the internet)
    * around 800 messages (total = incoming and outgoing) via beejive / whatsapp / facebook
    * around 10 pictures (some uploaded)
    * wifi (10 min)
    * location services (around 10 min for different apps)
    * showing off some apps to some friends (like the Photoshop app) so that's kind of processor intensive.

I synced it to my PC when it was at 25% and didn't go up, I only wanted to import the pictures.

What do you think of my battery life? Good? Bad?

I'm coming from the Blackberry 9700 (and before that BB, I had the BB 8100, 8300, 8800, 8900, 9000, 9500, 9520). So I'm not sure if this is good battery life. I love the iphone A TON more than my blackberry but in regards to battery, BB has it all. Also, I think the BB has another advantage. I find that some apps have small small text for my eyes, while the BB had a universal setting for text size.

Back to the topic. What do you think of my battery life?
    Last edited by zkyevolved; 09-05-2010 at 07:06 PM.
    09-05-2010 01:27 PM
    Here's my latest
    09-05-2010 05:27 PM
    I got around 7 hours and 44 minutes of usage and 2 days standby. But I wasn't using it that much the first day and 2nd day probably normal usage, nothing heavy. I might trying using it a lot and then post my usage again.
    09-17-2010 09:17 PM
    This thread kind of died
    09-24-2010 04:49 PM
    This thread kind of died
    I agree. I think that it is simply because, with iPhone 4, battery life simply ceased to be an issue. I am no longer fearful that my battery will not last until I get home, no longer carry a backup.
    09-24-2010 05:00 PM
    I agree. I think that it is simply because, with iPhone 4, battery life simply ceased to be an issue. I am no longer fearful that my battery will not last until I get home, no longer carry a backup.
    I Think Your Right Buddy! we know we can the day so you know
    09-25-2010 01:44 AM
    imagerz.com/QEJDCUtvAwMEU1IcQgVQ

3G on allday
    6hours were games and net over wifi, otherwise i always turn off the wifi
    push and local notifications were set to off
    i also killed every applications from the background

These values are good bad maybe average ? iOS 4.1 is running on my device
    10-01-2010 09:46 PM
    This is mine. I charge my Phone before I sleep to 100% - wifi on. Then I turn on 3G and data around 6:30 to use on my bus ride to school which is about an hour. During that time I listen to music, browse the web, facebook or twitter.

By the time I get to school my battery is at ~70%. I leave 3G on during school. Then on the bus ride home - also 1 hr long, I play some games or browse the web, facebook or twitter. By the time I get home at 4 PM the battery is below 20%.

iPhone 4, 1 mail account, 50% auto brightness, 4-5 notifications apps.
    05-16-2011 10:27 AM
    Here's my latest
    what the hell??!
    05-16-2011 11:42 AM
172 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD