I'm currently at 5 hr usage and 1 day stand by, and hovering around 49%. I'll post a screenshot when the battery dips into the red.
    06-29-2010 02:23 PM
    I got roughly 36 hours on 1st full charge and playing around with it, then I let battery completely drain then charged it up to 100%. Ran for another 36 hours, then charged it from 50% to 100% yesterday, but then overnight it went from 80% to 35% with wifi off, so I don't know what the heck happened to kill the battery overnight when it was not being used and no music playing or anything.

Hope this doesn't happen often or I'm not going to be happy!!!!
    06-29-2010 02:43 PM
    The brightness seems to have a lot to do with wearing the battery down. I noticed that on my 3G. I don't have any battery issues with my new 4. I actually cannot believe how long it lasts!
    06-29-2010 02:53 PM
    Here is mine! I have been very happy with my battery life. I have not changed my screen brightness from the default. I run no push email, though I do use several push notifications, I don't get a lot of them in the course of the day.

06-30-2010 05:22 AM
    whoa! That is great im just getting over 7.5 hours of use and I've been on edge with a dim screen. Oh and you guys do see that i still have my custom carrier on my i4 right? Dont know how but its there. "Ash&T" my girls name and my first letter =)

06-30-2010 05:52 AM
    Im going to let my battery run dry tonight then try a proper full charge and drain cycle again, seems a lot better in use but sometimes seems like its dropping faster, maybe im paranoid compared to my old 3g.

With regards to multitasking and apps using up resources, if you have an old app(ie not updated for save state/backgrounding) but its in the quick switch list is that definitely not running? when i tried multitasking on my jailbroken 3g 4.0 then looked in sbsettings process manager the apps all appears to be in some kind of running state still, maybe that was because it was running on the 3g (hacked on)

Ive made a habbit of shuting down what i can from the switcher list just in case.

Anyhoo after next charge cycle will do full day and get some stats, but my general setup is...

2x Push email (mobileme & exchange) 3x fetch imap (30 mins) Wifi normally off, 3g on (going to try a couple of days, one with it on one with it off) normally an hour or so of ipod use and some moderate gaming in the evemings, occasional foursquare checkins.
    06-30-2010 06:30 AM
    If you turn 3G off you should get a little better battery especially if you have Wifi which is faster anyway. I don't have a data plan never have, so every iPhone I've had has been JB with 3G off and I've always had better battery than my friends on Vanilla phones. Why not use the full capability of the phone and just plugin and charge whenever you're sitting during the day?
    06-30-2010 07:31 AM
    When I get mine I plan to use my 1st gen as my alarm clock and shut off the phone overnight I've always wanted to see if that would improve the battery life and the stability of the OS.
    06-30-2010 07:38 AM
    I am glad to hear that battery life is better than on the 3GS. I am looking to switch from my Bold 9000 and I don't want to have to sacrifice battery life if I don't have to.
    06-30-2010 08:21 AM
    I also find that with a new phone you have to run it for a couple weeks before the battery life gets better. That's just from my personal experience.
    06-30-2010 10:12 AM
    I am glad to hear that battery life is better than on the 3GS. I am looking to switch from my Bold 9000 and I don't want to have to sacrifice battery life if I don't have to.
    Compared to the BlackBerry, you WILL sacrifice battery life... the question becomes one of "how will that sacrifice impact your usage?". I could go 2 days plus on both my 9000 and 9700 with full push and location based services active... not possible on the iPhone4 - at least in my experience. But I have managed to get the battery drain under control in a way that I can live with... and still enjoy the beauty of this retina display.

I am here to tell you that there IS life after BlackBerry.
    06-30-2010 11:06 AM
    This was my battery last night. Worked it down to 20% then hated seeing the red and charged it lol.

I should clarify my settings:
    - screen is dimmed with the control sitting right under the "B" in the "Brightness" title of the screen, and "Auto-Brightness" enabled.
    - Wifi, Bluetooth and 3G always on
    - 2 IMAP email accounts ( 30 min )
    - 1 Contact & Calendar Exchange account
    Last edited by big9erfan; 06-30-2010 at 12:32 PM.
    06-30-2010 12:20 PM
    Duvi, restore meaning wipe to factory settings and then re-install files?
    Yes, correct.
    06-30-2010 12:47 PM
    I cant post a screen at the moment, but I've had the iPhone 4 since June 22, and my avergae use so far per day is much like this:

8 hrs 30 min usage
    23 hrs standby

In those 8 hrs, I'm backgrounding Pandora and Pockettunes, emailing, texting(alot), safari(alot), and using other apps like Facebook, Beejive, MLB @ BAT 2010 (to stream my red sox).....really the battery is great. If you have issue, restore as new, then restore from backup, shoud clear some issues...
    06-30-2010 04:31 PM
    Here's mine... Pretty good, especially since I keep the brightness slightly above default.

Last edited by Duvi; 07-01-2010 at 12:23 AM.
    06-30-2010 11:15 PM
    Here's mine.
    07-01-2010 12:16 AM
    Damn, all you guys getting such amazing battery life with Bluetooth on... I never have Bluetooth on, I'm betting I will be able to get even better battery... I can't wait to get my white iPhone 4!
    07-01-2010 12:25 AM
    Whoa i love it mine is getting better each cycle. It went from 6.5h to 7h to 7.5h usage 24-32h standby once i get the usage over 8 hours ill just use it normail I think ill make it this cycle. im where i was the first day with 40% to go.

i used an aftermarket charger and it took close to 4 hours to change the thing 17mins each 10% then from 90-100 one hour is that usual for the last 10 % to take longer a battery cell life saving thing. i usually use an apple charger that one was my back up at work
    Last edited by iVenom; 07-01-2010 at 01:01 AM.
    07-01-2010 12:51 AM
    Damn, all you guys getting such amazing battery life with Bluetooth on... I never have Bluetooth on, I'm betting I will be able to get even better battery... I can't wait to get my white iPhone 4!
    You'll have yours soon and get to enjoy this
    amazing battery life. This is what I want
    more smartphones to work on before bringing
    1Ghz procs. My N1 isn't this good with the
    brightness up.
    07-01-2010 01:26 AM
    Hey guys here is a screenshot of my usage for today. Would you guys consider it to be consistent w/ what you guys are getting? I'm almost certain my 3GS battery would have already been drained by dinner time, so I'm pretty satisfied so far w/ the 4's battery.

Here are my settings:

- 3G is on at work from 8-5, until I get home where Wi-fi is on the rest of the night. Location services are turned on periodically.
    - Brightness sits at about 40% w/ Auto-Brightness on.
    - All email is set at Manual Fetch. Notifications on for BeejiveIM.
    - Bluetooth on for around 30 minutes in the day.

Last edited by RyzeHD; 07-01-2010 at 04:23 AM.
    07-01-2010 04:12 AM
    Since it's a hot topic, anyone have any battery questions? Next week's Convertcast podcast we're having an engineer as a guest whose specialty is batteries. Thought it would be nice to talk about it, and finally put to rest the question of do you or don't you keep the battery topped off, and how often do you drain it completely.
    07-01-2010 10:36 AM
    Here's mine. Wifi on all the time, 3G on all the time, brightness at about 60%. Love it

07-01-2010 12:45 PM
    Thanks for the feed to an expert. What is the recommended charging method for iPhone 4? 1) Regardless of available charge % - charge phone daily? or 2) only charge phone when under 20%?
    07-01-2010 03:22 PM
    Thanks for the feed to an expert. What is the recommended charging method for iPhone 4? 1) Regardless of available charge % - charge phone daily? or 2) only charge phone when under 20%?
    Captured. On the list to ask him.
    07-01-2010 06:15 PM

Couldn't be happier, 8 hours of use??!! I'd be lucky to get 4-5 on my 3G if I baby it. That's 8 hours of Internet, games, videos, etc. 
    07-01-2010 06:23 PM
172 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD