I think this a new feature of iOS 4, if not I have been missing out for a long time, as I have never heard about it.

In Safari, when you tap the "+" to add a bookmark, you can now add that bookmark to your home screen. It auto generates an icon for you based on what is on the screen at the time you make the bookmark. For example, if you zoom in on the website logo, then bookmark, the icon will be the logo. After making the bookmark, you can then give it a name.

Pretty slick way of opening frequently viewed web pages. I am devoting a home screen page to bookmarks.
    06-26-2010 10:30 AM
    Hate to say, but this was a feature in the 3.1.x versions of the OS too.

It is pretty handy; I have a folder of mobile site bookmarks on my phone & use it often.
    06-26-2010 10:33 AM
    So i have been missing out. Oh well, if I didn't know about, there are probably others, maybe this post will enlight them.
    06-26-2010 10:41 AM
    There's even a thread (or two) on here for a developer that made a web app that allows you to create blank icons (iblank?) so that you can arrange your icons in funky patterns.
    06-26-2010 11:50 PM
    This is a new feature as of OS 1.1.4... :P

And Alli, blank icons don't look blank anymore because of the shadows.. It sucks.
    06-26-2010 11:52 PM
    That feature has been around for sometime now....
    06-27-2010 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD