wifi and iPhone 4

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that wifi won't automatically reconnect on iPhone 4 sometimes? Didn't have this issue on my 3GS. When this happens I have to "renew lease" and then it's fine. It happens very sporadically though.

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
@chippy mine had the same issue when I upgraded my router to wireless n. For some reason when I changed the default SSID from 'linksys' to something else it got rid of the issue. Now it connects perfectly every time I unlock it. Maybe try that.

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
The router was set to b/g/n so I changed it to n only. I also reset my network settings on my phone too. We'll see if that helps. Thanks!

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what the home router is on but today I had to reconnect for the first time sine I updated Monday night.

Just realized that this thread is regarding the new phone-not just the software upgrade. But FWIW, I didn't have the problem before the OS change-so maybe that's where the issue is as opposed to the new hardware.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have only had it drop my wifi once and I think it was from the ios4. It was on my 3GS after I updated and before I got the new phone.

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I think I figured it out. I shut off Bluetooth and now the wifi remains connected. Seems to me like another problem with the external antenna. I called Apple about both this wifi issue and the reception issue and he said he was not aware of either. Now I can understand not hearing of the wifi issue perhaps, but seriously!? He hasn't heard of the "death grip" problem??? Come on. Fail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2