My camera seems to work fine outside, and during the day.

But at night when im taking pics inside and their is a light on (its happened with fluorescent, and regular light bulbs) the picture comes out with very yellow/orange hues....

does anyone else have that problem? its really annoying, and i've tried tapping on different parts of the camera to make it re-focus but nothing seems to fix it.
    06-26-2010 12:20 AM
    Mine's the same way.
    Has to do with the fluorescent light like you suggested.
    It could be fixed with a firmware update to adjust the color balance in situations like that.
    06-26-2010 03:04 AM
    Nothing unusual there!

The camera is balanced for daylight, where it is anticipated that 90% of pictures are going to be taken. Taking pictures in artificial light will result in a yellow/red cast. The use of the flash should counterbalance this effect. Underexposure will also exaggerate the effect.

In a simple camera as is fitted in the iPhone, nothing can be done "in camera" the only way of correction is with something like Photoshop. However, there may be Apps that will do the job.

A firmware update is out of the question because if the camera was rebalanced for artificial light, all photos taken in daylight would suffer from a blue cast!!
    06-26-2010 05:39 AM
    A firmware update is out of the question because if the camera was rebalanced for artificial light, all photos taken in daylight would suffer from a blue cast!!
    That's just not true.
    There's a reason they call it auto white balance. It can constantly adjust to most given situations.
    A firmware update is definitely not out of the question.
    06-26-2010 07:31 AM
    Obviously nothing's impossible, but remember, compared with some other 'phones, the one fitted in the iPhone is a relatively simple affair.
    06-26-2010 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD