I set up my 3GS to sync with Google Contacts, which was fairly straightforward and I really like having them available in the cloud like that. So now I'm trying to set up a two-sync between my iPhone calendar and Google Calendar. That way, like with contacts, I can have my calendar in the cloud as well.

The problem is that I can't get a sync established. I've followed all the online instructions, from setting up CalDev to using Exchange, but I can't mangage a two-sync. That is, a change in one will be reflected in the other. Has anyone managed to do this and have some clear instructions available?

Thanks in advance!
    06-25-2010 10:12 PM
    Not sure what a two-sync is. When I set up Google as an exchange account, both my contacts and calendar sync to my iPhone.
    06-26-2010 07:25 AM
    Sorry that was supposed to be "two-way sync"

I did manage to figure it out. I basically had to set up Google Calendar as my default, and I had to designate the calendar items already in my phone to "Google Calendar" from the default iphone calendar.

Thanks for the help.
    06-26-2010 09:04 AM
    I can't get my contacts to sync through google as it tells me that the server is unverifiable!

I don't know how to fix this situation as I would like to have my contacts from my iphone on google.

If I add a contact to google it will sync it but it will not take what I have from Outlook and sync it to google is there a problem with this function? I'd like to have my contacts synced with google so I have them both on my outlook and google!

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Lazerbyte; 06-26-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    06-26-2010 02:30 PM
    Did you follow these instructions for Google sync? I sync my contacts & calendars through Google and everything works just fine.
    06-26-2010 03:04 PM
    Yup I sure did and it doesn't sync my contacts!
    06-26-2010 03:53 PM
    Hmmmm....I know mine didn't sync immediately to my new phone. I woke up the next morning and they were there. Maybe it takes a little time. Wished I could help you more.
    06-26-2010 03:55 PM
    Thanks anyways as my calendar syncs up fine just not my contacts
    06-26-2010 04:00 PM
    wish I could get to sync all my calendars. It only syncs my main one not the holidays or anything else I have.
    06-26-2010 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD