Google Calendar sync

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I set up my 3GS to sync with Google Contacts, which was fairly straightforward and I really like having them available in the cloud like that. So now I'm trying to set up a two-sync between my iPhone calendar and Google Calendar. That way, like with contacts, I can have my calendar in the cloud as well.

The problem is that I can't get a sync established. I've followed all the online instructions, from setting up CalDev to using Exchange, but I can't mangage a two-sync. That is, a change in one will be reflected in the other. Has anyone managed to do this and have some clear instructions available?

Thanks in advance!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what a two-sync is. When I set up Google as an exchange account, both my contacts and calendar sync to my iPhone.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Sorry that was supposed to be "two-way sync" :)

I did manage to figure it out. I basically had to set up Google Calendar as my default, and I had to designate the calendar items already in my phone to "Google Calendar" from the default iphone calendar.

Thanks for the help.

lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I can't get my contacts to sync through google as it tells me that the server is unverifiable!

I don't know how to fix this situation as I would like to have my contacts from my iphone on google.

If I add a contact to google it will sync it but it will not take what I have from Outlook and sync it to google is there a problem with this function? I'd like to have my contacts synced with google so I have them both on my outlook and google!

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Hmmmm....I know mine didn't sync immediately to my new phone. I woke up the next morning and they were there. Maybe it takes a little time. Wished I could help you more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR