Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I am going to get a brand new never activated micro sim card. I am going to put a different number on an iPhone 4 micro sim card that came with the phone that they have activated at the store. If I place the new micro sim never activated before in the iPhone and plug the phone into my mac will it give me an option of putting a different number from my AT&T account on the card or will it use the old number activated at the apple store?

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
The store has to put the number on the card. I did that exact thing yesterday and it took forever, they had to call like 3 different numbers for some reason.

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The store has to put the number on the card. I did that exact thing yesterday and it took forever, they had to call like 3 different numbers for some reason.

So your saying I would have to activate both the sim cards at an AT&T store instead of at home? Could they do it at an apple store? I am waiting for everything really to die down so it won't take forever!

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
The ATT stores will be empty since they dont get the new iPhones until Tuesday. Apple stores can't do it, its a ATT only thing. They just kept the SIM card that came with the iPhone and gave me a new one for the number I wanted on there.

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The ATT stores will be empty since they dont get the new iPhones until Tuesday. Apple stores can't do it, its a ATT only thing. They just kept the SIM card that came with the iPhone and gave me a new one for the number I wanted on there.
Well I need 2 because I need to put the number that will be on the iPhone 4 to the old iPhone and the number from my 3Gs to the micro sim so i just needed to know how to activate it! Thank you so much you have been a great help!:):):):):):):)

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Yep, that's all you have to do. Just tell them what phone number you want to go on whatever iphone and they will do it. No need to switch SIMS.

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Um I don't think you guys are right. I don't think you can switch the numbers on the SIM cards. I did the exact thing you did and they gave me a new microSIM for my iPhone 4 and a new SIM for my 3GS. I thought they could just switch them also but when I got to the store they said it didn't work that way.

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Um I don't think you guys are right. I don't think you can switch the numbers on the SIM cards. I did the exact thing you did and they gave me a new microSIM for my iPhone 4 and a new SIM for my 3GS. I thought they could just switch them also but when I got to the store they said it didn't work that way.

Did they say that at an ATT store or the apple store and did you just ask for the sim cards?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner