Dropped iPhone 4!

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
So today in class my wife sent me a text and while removing from my uniform pocket I fumbled my iPhone 4 and it fell right onto a metal table leg from I'd say 1 1/2 feet or so. The noise it made when it hit made me cringe. I picked it up and after inspecting it VERY carefully there is not one scratch or issue with it. I know this isn't a far fall but given what it hit and the loud noise it made I was very scared. I'm happy with the sturdiness of the phone as of now haha.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Cool. Im not sure why some think it has to be bulletproof, but im glad yours is ok.

I agree. A glass phone is not going to be shatter proof or drop resistant all the time. Sure some drops will cause no issues like in my case but a 3+ ft drop on concrete of course it will have cracks and issues. Don't drop the phone lol.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone 3GS today from about 4 feet onto concrete and it slid about another 3 feet due to the momentum it gained from me trying to catch it. not a scratch on it. I don't know if the iPhone4 would have been as lucky.?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
SquareTrade has a special going on right now for iphone insurance. 2 years at $99 and if you
use the code "slickphone4" you get an additional 35% off. I paid $80 yesterday.

However I recommend to anyone if you consider them, call and ask them any questions that you
may have. The lady I talked to answered every question that I had in great detail.

iPhone Insurance Alternative | iPhone Warranty | SquareTrade Warranties

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I got the Griffin Reveal for iPhone 4 today at BB. Not taking chances so it's a bumper and protection for back glass all in one. Best thing is it's hard and clear so it still displays the sexiness of the phone!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm waiting for the case-mate "barely there" cases to release. That's what I used on my 3GS
for a year and it worked great. In the meanwhile I got the incipio case. I can always take it
back within 30 days once the "barely there" comes out.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I got the RocketFish case today at Best Buy. It has really nice feel to it and protects the back and sides very well. I also like that it is sort of a see thru design that you can see the Apple Logo etc from the back. I also have the invisible shield on both the front and back.

Glad the drop didn't crack your glass.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Happy your phone is ok. I don't think the iPhone 4 will be any more fragile than the previous phones. We know they are breakable. Those guys don't need to destroy the phones to prove it. There's just something sad about watching a new phone get busted up on purpose. : /

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I got the RocketFish case today at Best Buy. It has really nice feel to it and protects the back and sides very well. I also like that it is sort of a see thru design that you can see the Apple Logo etc from the back. I also have the invisible shield on both the front and back.

Glad the drop didn't crack your glass.

+1 on the RocketFish case. I have one (in dark blue) and love it! also have a screen protector on the front.

I have been trying to decide whether I want to get a warranty for my iPhone 4. I had the Apple Care warranty on my 3GS and, thankfully, never had to use it. But I'm worried about this phone. Should I go with AppleCare or SquareTrade? Anyone? My BIGGEST concern is what happens if my phone breaks in the interim - for me, my phone is very important for work. I rely on it on a minute-by-minute basis and could not go several days without it. I am leaning towards AppleCare because I tend to be very careful with my phone and would probably be more susceptible to a hardware failure (i.e., I will probably not drop it and break the glass). With AppleCare, my understanding is that I can walk right into any Apple store and get a replacement. Is this correct? Would I still have to "wait" for my phone to be sent away and fixed?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
+1 on the RocketFish case. I have one (in dark blue) and love it! also have a screen protector on the front.

I have been trying to decide whether I want to get a warranty for my iPhone 4. I had the Apple Care warranty on my 3GS and, thankfully, never had to use it. But I'm worried about this phone. Should I go with AppleCare or SquareTrade? Anyone? My BIGGEST concern is what happens if my phone breaks in the interim - for me, my phone is very important for work. I rely on it on a minute-by-minute basis and could not go several days without it. I am leaning towards AppleCare because I tend to be very careful with my phone and would probably be more susceptible to a hardware failure (i.e., I will probably not drop it and break the glass). With AppleCare, my understanding is that I can walk right into any Apple store and get a replacement. Is this correct? Would I still have to "wait" for my phone to be sent away and fixed?

Unless i'm seriously confused, you get one year of apple care automatically. You only pay for an additional year.

If you want accident insurance, that's another story.

Mobile Protect, America’s Most Comprehensive iPhone Insurance Plan That's what AT&T is recommending. And its also what the carriers use. Asurion charges 11.99 a month with a 199 deductible. Can only do 2 claims each year. Only use them if Apple won't swap out and says its your fault.

There's also squaretrade or home insurance.

Also, you may just want nothing and pay apple to repair it in case you damage it. Whatever the case, your first trip should be to the apple store to see if they'll swap it out under your warranty.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Remember...it took those retards on YouTube 3 times of dropping on concrete to break the glass...but still, get yourself a bumper!

"Retard" being the appropriate word!:D

I do not gotten the iPhone 4...... yet, still hangin' with my 3G for now, but I promise you it will be in an Otterbox when I do get it!

Love their products. The New Defender actually looks much slimmer for the iP4 than the 3G/3GS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2