It appears to me that Apple has just dealt out a whole bunch of SH**..
    iOS4 on 3g has many many problems.

iOS4 on 3gS has problems with losing data and many applications lagging including just plain typing an e-mail or texting.
    What happend to all the beta testing that was going on? Did apple not listen to anybody or was nothing reported?

iPhone 4 has signal problems where you can't even use the the thing as a "phone". Solution, Dont fix it just use a bumper that cost more money.
    Glass problems. Lagging etc.

I was really looking forward to purchasing the new iPhone and giving my 3gs to my wife, now I am not so sure, maybe I will purchase a new 3gs and give my old one up.
    06-25-2010 08:50 AM
    I downloaded IOS4 on my Wife's 3gs and it works perfectly and I think the antenna issue on the 4 depends on your location because I recieved mine yesterday and I havent had any issues with it at all. Just my 2 cents.
    06-25-2010 08:54 AM
    iOS4 seems to be working fine on my 3gs.

I think any new product will have their kinks to work out which is why I will wait a while before even upgrading to the i4. So far, my 3gs just suits me fine.
    06-25-2010 08:57 AM
    Yep, iOS 4 works just fine on my 3GS. No lag or anything on any website. However my new iPhone 4 struggles heavily on this website. I mean they keyboard laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags bad here. Zooming rarely works and sometimes it freezes. As soon as I browse to any other site and start inputting text or zooming, zero issues. Back to this site in the same session? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Clearing history, cache, cookies and restarting the phone doesn't work. Again, it is just this site only where it lags.
    06-25-2010 09:44 AM
    I am not unhappy at all with the new iPhone.
    06-25-2010 10:02 AM
    It appears to me that Apple has just dealt out a whole bunch of SH**..
    iOS4 on 3g has many many problems.

iOS4 on 3gS has problems with losing data and many applications lagging including just plain typing an e-mail or texting.
    What happend to all the beta testing that was going on? Did apple not listen to anybody or was nothing reported?

iPhone 4 has signal problems where you can't even use the the thing as a "phone". Solution, Dont fix it just use a bumper that cost more money.
    Glass problems. Lagging etc.

I was really looking forward to purchasing the new iPhone and giving my 3gs to my wife, now I am not so sure, maybe I will purchase a new 3gs and give my old one up.
    I think you're just having problems. I put ios4 on my 3gs... perfect. got the iphone 4....perfect.
    06-25-2010 10:26 AM
    I haven't had any issues with my iphone 4. None of the issues I have been reading about. Mine is working perfectly (knock on wood).
    06-25-2010 11:06 AM
    This is a case of the vocal minority vs silent majority. Remember that 600,000 people pre-ordered in the first day. Until we have accounts from 300,000 people reporting these issues, we don't know how widespread they really are.

Also, I have iOs4 on my 3GS and it runs perfectly, not a single issue and it actually runs better than on 3.1.3.
    06-25-2010 11:17 AM
    I have the screen discoloration issue and the signal loss issue with my phone, but I still wouldn't trade it for the world. As of this morning, 98% of the discoloration has gone away. I can still see a very slight discoloration in the bottom right corner, but I'm confident that it will take care of itself over time.

As far as the loss of signal is concerned, who cares? I'm left handed and hold the phone with my left hand when talking on it. It took two seconds to switch the way I hold the phone. Plus, I got a bumper, so that probelm is doubly solved.

as far as the OS is concerned, 3G and 3GS owners should be happy that Apple offered it to those devices. It was obviously engineered for the 4, but ported back to the 3GS and 3G. The fact that it works perfectly well on 98% of those devices is amazing to me.
    06-25-2010 11:20 AM
    I have had not problems with my new Iphone 4. I think the signal reception thing is based on your location. I have called people just fine with my new phone. I have not had the screen discoloration or anything. I am very happy with my new Iphone 4. I just need to get a case for it now lol.
    06-25-2010 11:28 AM
    I do agree the OS does lag in certain cases. The keyboard has been stopping and going on me more than it ever has on 3.1.3.

The antenna was the main reason why I wanted to get the new iPhone and it turns out it's the main reason why I'm NOT getting it. It seems like Apple's new designs are simple beta tests for future ones. Which is why I'm waiting till next year.

I'm sure they're going to put the antenna back inside the phone but with the same form factor so that they can hopefully achieve the same goal they were with this one without direct interference from the user's hand.

The OS otherwise works well. I'm sure a 4.x.x is on it's way by september.

I was happy about some of the details such as portrait orientation in youtube, landscape library view in photo and camera apps. Also the ability to exit any video ( youtube / HTML5 ) and be able to go back to exactly where I left off...

I wouldn't say iOS4 was a FAIL because it can be easily upgraded, however, im unclear how they're going to fix the signal problems. Maybe they can change the voltage or some other technical issue via upgrade ? Who Knows.
    Last edited by OmariJames; 06-25-2010 at 12:04 PM.
    06-25-2010 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD