Iphone 4 Battery Performance.

Rolf

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I usually wake up in the morning around 7:45 and play with my phone until 8:30 or 9, checking emails, texts, facebook, playing godfinger, doing some light web browsing maybe looking at a few gifs etc. all on my home wifi. During this time, my battery usually drops down to 85-75% and I put it back on the charger when I get in the shower and eat breakfast, just because I know it wont last through the day otherwise. I get done breakfast at probably like 10 or so and pull my phone off the charger, it's at 100%, and I power it on and off just to have a fresh slate, make sure no apps are running that I dont know about, whatever.

Usually by the time I leave the house at around 11, maybe later or sooner depending on the day, I'm down to 95% just from standby, and I turn wifi off before I leave the house. I plug my iphone into the cassette adapter in the car, and head out to work. Just like a 10 minute drive. I play with my phone lightly through the day. Texting, maybe a couple phone calls, some very light gaming and facebooking on my lunch break, and by the time I get out of work around 6, I've usually dropped down to about 40% or less.

Then I usually run some errands and such before I go home, hang out at someones house or something. My usage during this time, until about 8, is slightly increased. Mostly phone calls and texting. Maybe a little facebook. Maybe I'll whip out the ocarina app to play the song of time to impress the ladies. But by the time I get in bed at like 9:30 - 10:00, My phone is about to die. I keep forgetting to check usage, but I remember it being incredibly low compared to some other people's numbers, which makes me believe I'm doing something wrong here.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Your story definitely sounds different from mine. I never turn off WiFi - and am frequently out of any WiFi range, so I know it's searching. I also have a bajillion push notifications on, and they go off constantly.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
iPhone battery performance.

iphonebattery.png

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
OKCChuck
"iPhone has been plugged in since last full charge."

Can't pull the wool over my eyes, I'm a detective.. LMAO

ajnabi
it is definitely much better.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
OKCChuck
"iPhone has been plugged in since last full charge."

Can't pull the wool over my eyes, I'm a detective.. LMAO

ajnabi
it is definitely much better.

was only plugged in because of my ipod charger for my car. wasn't for more than 15 minutes. still a really good thing. wasn't trying to pull any wool over. I could have done a quick photoshop if i really cared.

timberga

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
iPhone battery performance.

Don't be fooled by his usage....its probably a TON of ipod music.....If he were a power internet user with multiple push exchange accounts, lots of web, bluetooth always on, wifi always on, notifications on, etc. it would look a lot different.....

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Don't be fooled by his usage....its probably a TON of ipod music.....If he were a power internet user with multiple push exchange accounts, lots of web, bluetooth always on, wifi always on, notifications on, etc. it would look a lot different.....

usually yes. but past day or so, not so much. I usually get a to an 1 day plus a few hours when i use it reguarly. this was what it was today when I saw this thread.

newiphoneuser

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
point is, your battery usage is "normal" for you. It is highly unlikely your battery is faulty if you dont get the amazing performance of others.

i had the 3gs but returned it and went back to my blackberry because the battery sucked. I am now using the 4 for almost a month and very pleased with battery life.

kato10#IM

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
What am I doing wrong? Are there settings I need to adjust because mine doesn't last half the day with moderate to heavy usage. My usage doesn't compare to others that are in this forum who are getting a full 24 hours in one full charge. Please help...I'm a noob.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
What am I doing wrong? Are there settings I need to adjust because mine doesn't last half the day with moderate to heavy usage. My usage doesn't compare to others that are in this forum who are getting a full 24 hours in one full charge. Please help...I'm a noob.

Most users are getting 8 or 9 hours, but some have said that their battery life increased after charge cycles to that amount, but it started at 5 or 6 hours of moderate-heavy usage.

kato10#IM

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Most users are getting 8 or 9 hours, but some have said that their battery life increased after charge cycles to that amount, but it started at 5 or 6 hours of moderate-heavy usage.

Ahhhh...so I got mine on Thursday. Should I be worried. Should I disable push? Sorry...like I said, I'm a noob.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Ahhhh...so I got mine on Thursday. Should I be worried. Should I disable push? Sorry...like I said, I'm a noob.

Push has never really effected my battery life on the 3GS and I'm new to the iPhone 4 but I don't see it effecting my battery life now either.

kyrow123

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Fully charged the phone the day I bought it. Proceeded to play with the device and managed to go through a few days without the need to plug in to recharge. Granted this is mainly standby time, but it is impressive nonetheless. (And no I did not PS the photo, I am not BP and have no monetary interest in promoting a fake photo).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner