Iphone 4 Battery Performance.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Engadget claimed 36 hours on a single charge with moderate usage. What is everyone seing? this is a huge sellng point for me and I am wondering if its performing as advertised. Sound off!!

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I recieved mine yesterday and took it home and it charged while I synced it with Itunes. This was around 5 o'clock, I played around with it for most of the night and did not charge it over night and this morning I am probably sitting around 80% charge left. Battery life seems to be much better.

dudrsnacks

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I fully charged mine and took it off the charger around 3pm yesterday. I have been using the he'll out of it in an attempt to run the battery down. I didn't charge it overnight as well as leaving Wi-Fi on an apps running to try to kill the battery some more. It's 8:30am now and I'm at 40%. That's pretty impressive in my book. I'm completely satisfied with battery performance so far.

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
WHat apps did you keep running and how do you know whats running and whats not so I dont end up leaving apps running when I dont want to?
There isnt any indicator to show whats running versus what you've opened recently and I'm a bit confused over it.

Firestarter

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering how the battery life compares with the 3GS, with WiFi turned on. Anyone got any good comparisons for that, please?! It seems like my 3GS is draining completely every day, since installing iOS4.

Sarcone

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
I fully charged mine around 11 am yesterday and played with it most of the day, made several phone calls, left wifi on, and only go down to about 56%. Way better than my 3g.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Engadget claimed 36 hours on a single charge with moderate usage. What is everyone seing? this is a huge sellng point for me and I am wondering if its performing as advertised. Sound off!!

This is because you can't make phone calls with the phone holding issue. Thus increasing battery life

dudrsnacks

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, now that I think about it I don't know if any of the apps were actually "running" or just paused. I had at least 20+ apps in my apps tray. I don't think that stuff like the messaging and settings apps were running, but I did have multiple web sites opened as well as a game and some other apps. I will do more precise testing and get back to you.

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had my phone fully charged at about 3:00 yesterday. I took it off and used it very heavily throughout the rest of the day and evening. I know have about half my batter life left.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Last night was the first full night on the wall charger so today is the maiden voyage for the battery. Will update later tonight...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@slalomskie
The reception issue is firmware related, it happens on iPhone 3G and 3GS as well with 4.0 installed.

@dudrsnacks
Apps are not running in the background unless they are playing audio, voip calling, gps, task-completion etc etc...

Any app that isn't doing one of the backgrounding APIs isn't running, it's in saved state and really doesn't effect the battery or speed.

S

stphnman20

You guys have to remember that since this is a new phone the battery performance is awesome! But after a while it'll get decrease. I remember my 3G would go a day and half with out a charge. Now, I have to charge it by afternoon.. But hey, you never know since it a larger battery.

BPGator37

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Earlier in the week I think Google Sync was having some issues which caused some major batter depletion. Im still testing. I have my Personal Gmail set up as exchange (contacts,Cal, mail) and work email, google apps acct, set up as IMAP. Battery has definitely been better than my 3G.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73