My first full day of using a fully charged 4. I used my phone a little more than normal today. I streamed quite a bit of Pandora over 3G today, played a few games, and used productivity apps more than I usually do. This phone was in my hand the entire day. I pushed it really hard and didn't recharge once.

It's now a little after 7pm CST and I have 35% battery left. My 3g would have been dead by noon. I am very pleased with the battery life.
    What time did you take it off the charger?
    06-26-2010 07:06 AM
    What time did you take it off the charger?
    5am that morning.....my phone also doubles as my alarm clock.
    06-26-2010 09:35 AM
    I was hoping that the battery would be improved this go around and it sounds like they did not disappoint!! Sweet!!
    06-26-2010 10:04 AM
    I definitely got over 24 hours w/ moderate use.

One thing is is improved significantly, is standby.
    I would go to sleep without putting my 3Gs on
    the charge and keeping it in standby, I'd wake
    up to about 97% or less battery, depending on
    how many emails I get throughout the night.

I was at a bar last night, use twitter a few times,
    facebook twice and some web browsing for
    some scored and I was under 20 percent. I got
    home, went to bed, received some emails and
    answer two 2 minute calls this morning to find my
    device hadn't even hit the 10% warning yet.

I believe battery life in general has improved to.
    Normal use usually gets me around 11-14 hours.
    On this device with moderate use, it was over 24
    hours.... I believe it was more than 27 hours, but
    I'm 100% that it was over a whole day.
    06-26-2010 01:37 PM
    Now that I've had time to play/use the phone, I can see that the battery lasts much longer. This phone is awesome.
    06-26-2010 01:45 PM
    My battery life is Awesome!! They did improve on the battery life!!
    06-27-2010 09:29 AM
    My battery life with the i4 has been outstanding so far. After 24 hours or normal use, Im still at 36%.
    06-27-2010 09:54 AM
    Engadget claimed 36 hours on a single charge with moderate usage. What is everyone seing? this is a huge sellng point for me and I am wondering if its performing as advertised. Sound off!!
    I got mine on launch day and I still haven't charged it :P it is down to 31% though. Thats what I call battery life!
    06-27-2010 12:33 PM
    I got mine on launch day and I still haven't charged it :P it is down to 31% though. Thats what I call battery life!
    Sorry for the stupid noobie question. I guess there must be an app for that...
    06-27-2010 04:06 PM
    Now that I've had time to play/use the phone, I can see that the battery lasts much longer. This phone is awesome.
    Sorry for the stupid noobie question. I guess there must be an app for that...
    Never mind. I found the setting under the general tab.
    06-27-2010 04:12 PM
    Never mind. I found the setting under the general tab.
    yeah I like the percentage indicator. One of the best features added if you ask me.
    06-27-2010 05:31 PM
    yeah I like the percentage indicator. One of the best features added if you ask me.
    It was added in the 3GS last year.
    06-27-2010 05:43 PM
    Went to EPCOT yesterday. Started with a full battery. Lots of pics, lots of video. Lots of phone calls and texts to the family when we got separated or went on different rides. Lots of no service areas that drain battery fast, and I didn't remember to turn WiFi off until I'd been at the park for an hour. After a full day, the battery was only down to about 43%. I was stunned!
    06-27-2010 07:19 PM
    I am not seeing those kinds of numbers... I am still not getting through the day... but this is my first iPhone, so I am sure that I am playing with it constantly... hopefully once I have it all configured just right and add the necessary apps, the battery life will stabilize...
    06-27-2010 07:25 PM
    The improvement over the 3GS is very noticeable to me. I am very happy with the battery life this far.
    06-27-2010 07:39 PM
    I've had my phone off the charger for about 14 hours now and am sitting at 16% battery... is that good? My point of reference is my BlackBerry 9700 - I could go 2 full days on a charge... I guess I just need to know what to expect, so I can manage those expectations...
    06-27-2010 11:57 PM
    My battery life is terrible! i got my iphone 4 yesterday and charged it a good full 7-8 hours overnight and it was 100% this morning, ive been messing around with it off and on all day and im down to 28%What gives?????
    Last edited by MrFadedGlory; 07-21-2010 at 05:01 PM.
    07-21-2010 04:56 PM
    My battery life is terrible! i got the phone yesterday and charged it a good full 7-8 hours overnight and it was 100% this morning, ive been messing around with it off and on all day and im down to 28%What gives?????
    It will get better... I know that I can now get 20+ hours out of, depending on how I use my iPhone during the day. Lots of game playing and talking will eat the battery, but I am not "nursing" it to get through the day... at just over 8 hours I am still at 79%... with almost 3 hours total "usage" vs standby.

Part of the issue is "breaking it in"... and then there's the new toy exploration phase, where you are constantly doing something on it because it's new...

My son-in-law did tell me early on that the battery life will suck, but it gets better... (his 3GS was likewise, horrible at first)... and he was right... it does get better.
    07-21-2010 05:04 PM
    It will get better... I know that I can now get 20+ hours out of, depending on how I use my iPhone during the day. Lots of game playing and talking will eat the battery, but I am not "nursing" it to get through the day... at just over 8 hours I am still at 79%... with almost 3 hours total "usage" vs standby.

Part of the issue is "breaking it in"... and then there's the new toy exploration phase, where you are constantly doing something on it because it's new...

My son-in-law did tell me early on that the battery life will suck, but it gets better... (his 3GS was likewise, horrible at first)... and he was right... it does get better.
    I agree, it DOES get better. I was frustrated at my battery life when I first got it, but it has improved tons!!
    07-21-2010 05:09 PM
    Cool this is very good to hear! I was starting to panic a little, this is my first iPhone so i really dont know what to expect just heard that this battery is way better than previous models. Thanks for the update fellas
    07-21-2010 05:34 PM
    I've had mine since launch and been using it in what I consider to be heavy use and I can't get this thing down any lower than 50% I've gone two days without charging it and it still only sat at 50% before I decided to charge it the battery on this phone is insane good.
    07-21-2010 06:18 PM
    I've had my 4 a week now. The battery life does improve. I am amazed at how much better the battery life is over my 3gs.
    07-21-2010 08:10 PM
    The battery life in my first iP4 was amazing, as I still had 40-50% left at the end of my workday of 10-12 hours. This replacement phone I got last Sunday has not proven as good. I can only hope it gets better with time...
    07-21-2010 09:14 PM
    Battery life on my iPhone 4 is vastly improved over my iPhone 3G.
    07-21-2010 09:23 PM
    My battery is way better than my 3G. I am a heavy user and have rarely gone below 40% after a full day use.
    07-21-2010 11:30 PM
114 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD