Hi I got my iphone 4 today and for some reason my mic doesnt work on facetime or video recording. For everything else it works perfectly like Phone, Voice memo, IamTpain etc..... I called the apple store but they told me that it is a problem with my wireless. I tried facetime from my house, my girls house and starbucks and I got the same issue. And also the mic for the video recording does not work even when shouting into the mic. I performed a restore and again same issue. If anyone is having this same issue please let me noe if youve figured out a fix. Thank you
    06-25-2010 02:32 AM
    The unit must be defective in some way... I'd try to get a replacement though it'll be hard due to short supply.

And FYI, the second mic doesn't record any audio, is simply observes the surrounding sounds to cancel out background noise.
    06-25-2010 02:36 AM
    I was afraid it would come down to getting a replacement. They are probly going to make me wait till mid July or something.
    06-25-2010 02:46 AM
    The apple stores always have some supply of iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc. as a back up for these problems. Make an appointment @ the genius bar, and show them. I won't be surprised if you walk out with a new one that day.
    06-25-2010 04:44 AM
    You said you did a restore was it as new or from backup?
    06-25-2010 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD