Show off your iPhone 4 pictures here!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The thing about those apps is that they take a long time to process and often become ruined easily by movement. Apple's HDR is very fast and, as you can see, was not bothered by moving cars.

GlennEU

Sep 10, 2010
Glenn.eu
Long process time is true, strange thing is that the last test i did with HDR Pro that the result also was not bothered by moving objects while TrueHDR was. Maybe this changed with TrueHDR as they just updated their app.

This was taken on my holiday using "HDR Pro"
Shot straight into the sunset, i love the result "HDR Pro" gave me.
HDR%20small.JPG

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Glenn, that's a beautiful picture. I can see that being used in a campaign for an allergy medicine or something.

Miggs, in order to really make use of HDR you need to have 2 points of interests where one is much brighter than the other, as shown in my photos and Glenn's photos. With yours, it's trying to do something with HDR when there's nothing to do.

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Miggs, in order to really make use of HDR you need to have 2 points of interests where one is much brighter than the other, as shown in my photos and Glenn's photos. With yours, it's trying to do something with HDR when there's nothing to do.

ah i see, thanks for the tip, i will try that

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
SeanHRCC, in your rainy night at the football game shot - where did you put the focus? In the light or the dark?

spiderman001728

May 8, 2009
Visit site
the HDR photos i take have like a "ghosting" effect. it ruins a lot pics for me because i dont have a real STEADY hand. BUT it is a cool feature to have

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
the HDR photos i take have like a "ghosting" effect. it ruins a lot pics for me because i dont have a real STEADY hand. BUT it is a cool feature to have

I don't think the ghosting effect is necessarily your fault. If your hand is shaky, you'll see it in blurry, out of focus pictures. The ghosting effect in HDR images comes from the process used to even out the exposure in the image. Without getting overly detailed in my explanantion, the greater the contrast between different areas of the photo (especially parts right next to each other- like a person in shadow with a bright blue sky behind them) the more you will see the "halo" when the image is processed in HDR.

One thing I did notice about Apple's version of HDR is that it washes out the colors of most of my photographs. I can take it into another app (like PS mobile) and increase the saturation of the finished HDR image, but I wish there was an option to do so in the photo album before the image was saved.

Last edited:
Reactions: spiderman001728

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77