I survived Apple Store iPhone 4 Launch day

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered delivery for mine. I went case hunting about 5PM, and the line was still 400 people deep in the walk-in line. Wouldn't even let people in to buy iPads or something else. Had to be in a line.

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I was at the Apple Store Saddle Creek Germantown, TN. Got there at 5 pm yesterday (no reserve). When they started letting people in they were doing 50 reserves to 1 walk in. They finally changed it to 10 to 1 after we complained and they changed the person at the door because the first wasnt even counting just letting the reserves go in. They let 230 reserves go to 7 walk ins... :( But I did survive and finally got in and out about 10:30. Over all not a very good experience for my first apple store launch...

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I stood outside of an Apple store in MA for 4 hours only to get turned away when the cut the line off about 15 people ahead of me. I drove an hour and a half to get there... Not a fun day for this guy, but in the end my fault. :(

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
My first iPhone, my first apple launch event.

Reserved one at the Briarwood Mall store in Ann Arbor MI. I still wanted to get there early. Got there at 4am, store opened at 7. The 3 hours went by super fast while chatting with others in line.

When I first got there, I didn't know where to go, I only saw one line...it had about 100 people in it already. There were a few stragglers sitting on the other side of the line. Once I realized those stragglers were actually the pre-order line, I headed over there. I ended up being 13 in the pre-order line.

They let us in the mall at 6:20 and the store opened at 7. I was back in my car at 7:17. NOT BAD!

I'm loving my new iPhone 4. (converted BlackBerry user).

certifyquality

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Experienced my first camp out ever at Manhasset Apple Store in Long Island New York. I met some amazing people and my friend and I managed to come early enough (3:30pm Weds afternoon) to land the first and second spots on the Non-Reserved line. Overall the best part of the whole experience was the 8 great people i met on the line. We formed the "V.I.P" section and just made each others night fly by without much notice.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I actually left the store saying I would never reserve
for pickup ever again, but honestly, it was fun. It
was in a mall and I was surrounded by some good
people. We had lots of laughs and enjoyed the view
(beautiful women) passing by. It's in a mall, so no
90 degree heat... only A.C. (which got turned on
around 10am -- 3 hours later).

They passed out refreshments, but run out of drinks
by the time they reached my section in line. They
did give out sandwiches that were scrumptious,
cookies that I did not taste and some other things.
After the sandwich, I realized eating anything else
was going to make me thirstier.

The group of people that I met on line really made
the experience a great one. I'll probably do it next
year as well with a backup being delivered to my
home, just in case... lol.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Got to the pre-order line at 0610, walked in the store at 0715 and walked out at 0732 with my awesome phone. Best Apple experience yet

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
At about the same time I reached the front of the line (6 hours from start to finish), my sister-in-law returned to pick me up. She wandered around the mall and found out the the Radio Shack there had also gotten in 100 iPhone 4's and nobody knew about it...they had them almost all day while we stood in line.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
At about the same time I reached the front of the line (6 hours from start to finish), my sister-in-law returned to pick me up. She wandered around the mall and found out the the Radio Shack there had also gotten in 100 iPhone 4's and nobody knew about it...they had them almost all day while we stood in line.

I was having such a good time with the people I was in line with, I didn't even think to "think outside the box" like that. I probably would have had a much shorter day. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro