My first iPhone, my first apple launch event.

Reserved one at the Briarwood Mall store in Ann Arbor MI. I still wanted to get there early. Got there at 4am, store opened at 7. The 3 hours went by super fast while chatting with others in line.

When I first got there, I didn't know where to go, I only saw one line...it had about 100 people in it already. There were a few stragglers sitting on the other side of the line. Once I realized those stragglers were actually the pre-order line, I headed over there. I ended up being 13 in the pre-order line.

They let us in the mall at 6:20 and the store opened at 7. I was back in my car at 7:17. NOT BAD!

I'm loving my new iPhone 4. (converted BlackBerry user).
    06-25-2010 02:07 AM
    Experienced my first camp out ever at Manhasset Apple Store in Long Island New York. I met some amazing people and my friend and I managed to come early enough (3:30pm Weds afternoon) to land the first and second spots on the Non-Reserved line. Overall the best part of the whole experience was the 8 great people i met on the line. We formed the "V.I.P" section and just made each others night fly by without much notice.
    06-25-2010 02:38 AM
    I actually left the store saying I would never reserve
    for pickup ever again, but honestly, it was fun. It
    was in a mall and I was surrounded by some good
    people. We had lots of laughs and enjoyed the view
    (beautiful women) passing by. It's in a mall, so no
    90 degree heat... only A.C. (which got turned on
    around 10am -- 3 hours later).

They passed out refreshments, but run out of drinks
    by the time they reached my section in line. They
    did give out sandwiches that were scrumptious,
    cookies that I did not taste and some other things.
    After the sandwich, I realized eating anything else
    was going to make me thirstier.

The group of people that I met on line really made
    the experience a great one. I'll probably do it next
    year as well with a backup being delivered to my
    home, just in case... lol.
    06-25-2010 03:04 AM
    Got to the pre-order line at 0610, walked in the store at 0715 and walked out at 0732 with my awesome phone. Best Apple experience yet
    06-25-2010 03:12 AM
    At about the same time I reached the front of the line (6 hours from start to finish), my sister-in-law returned to pick me up. She wandered around the mall and found out the the Radio Shack there had also gotten in 100 iPhone 4's and nobody knew about it...they had them almost all day while we stood in line.
    06-25-2010 07:38 AM
    At about the same time I reached the front of the line (6 hours from start to finish), my sister-in-law returned to pick me up. She wandered around the mall and found out the the Radio Shack there had also gotten in 100 iPhone 4's and nobody knew about it...they had them almost all day while we stood in line.
    I was having such a good time with the people I was in line with, I didn't even think to "think outside the box" like that. I probably would have had a much shorter day.
    06-25-2010 08:11 AM
    Well at least not till next year when iPhone 5 is released! hahaha
    LOL nooooo. Even if I decide to get an Iphone 5 whenever it is released I would pre-order first. IF that fails then I would just wait a month or two. No more standing in line for 12 hours lol.
    06-25-2010 11:51 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD