Okay, so I have to send my iPhone 4 in for repairs.

My wife has hers (unopened or activated yet). Can I put my micro sim in hers and use it until I get mine back? And then simply put her microsim back in, activate it for her, etc?

Seems to me like it would work - any reason it won't?

Chris
    06-24-2010 03:29 PM
    I don't see why not, I've done that with my 3GS's
    06-24-2010 03:38 PM
    Would I need to activate her phone first? Or just put my sim card in?

Chris
    06-24-2010 03:59 PM
    Apparently her phone has to be activated first, but doing so will cancel her current cell phone (which she needs since she is not here).

Oh well, no phone for me for the next 5 to 7 days or so.
    06-24-2010 08:10 PM
    Actually, I meant to type
    06-24-2010 08:10 PM
    Have you considered getting Apple Care? I had an issue with my iPhone 3GS that I got on release day last year. When I called they guy told me I would have to send it in, but if I got the Apple Care they could overnight me a phone and then I could ship the other one back to them. So that is what I did and the next morning before 9 AM I had my new phone. Now I understand stock is limited, so maybe that option isn't available, but worth a try if you don't really want to be without your phone that long. I know I couldn't be.
    06-24-2010 08:18 PM
    First off I am sorry you have to send your new iPhone 4 back to apple to get repairs. Right now I would think you would have to activate the new iPhone 4 before being able to switch the sim cards and I think that has been the same deal with all the iPhones. I hope your iPhone gets fixe asap and sorry you have to send it in. :
    06-24-2010 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD