Anyone else having a problem with new apps taking forever to load ? I tried to download one yesterday and it took about 45 mins.. Than i tried to download another one last night and it took one hour..

I remember my original iphone ( 2G) doing this when the whole App store was first added .. I had my iphone 2G for quite sometime before the App store was added ( and didnt have any problems until that point).. sorry for the little off rant ..

Anyways now my i4 is taking forever to download new apps from the App store.. Is anyone else having this issue ??

Fresh1
    06-24-2010 12:12 PM
    Now it is saying my itunes password is incorrect? I dont know what the deal is ?? I have had the same itunes password for two years...

Like i said in my above post i put two new apps on yesterday( both took forever to download.. .. Now i just tried to update a app ( on the i4) and it says my password is incorrect ..

Anyone have any feedback on what the problem could be , and the best way to try to fix it ??

Fresh1
    06-24-2010 01:13 PM
    How about it's launch day and anything APPLE/AT&T is going to get slammed, DL'ing apps probably isnt ideal at the moment, chill a little
    06-24-2010 01:22 PM
    Were you holding the phone? Same if you set it down? I know you said you didn't have the antenna issue, but holding it a certin way kills data but not voice for me.
    06-24-2010 02:33 PM
    I'm having the same problem, WTF !
    06-24-2010 07:38 PM
    Were you holding the phone? Same if you set it down? I know you said you didn't have the antenna issue, but holding it a certin way kills data but not voice for me.
    i spoke to Apple today and they said it was due to the systems begin slammed ...

Thanks for the feedback ... interesting that it messes with data but not for voice on yours ..

Tonight i have been able to load about 10 -12 apps with no problem ( they downloaded really fast )...
    06-24-2010 10:14 PM
    I downloaded twitter when i first activated it. (Activated at work, had nothing on there, not even contatcts). Downloaded around 1:30 CST and 15 seconds later, I had an app.. Might just be in your area.
    06-24-2010 10:25 PM
    I downloaded twitter when i first activated it. (Activated at work, had nothing on there, not even contatcts). Downloaded around 1:30 CST and 15 seconds later, I had an app.. Might just be in your area.
    Thanks for the feedback ... I think it was also area related ..

Fresh1
    06-24-2010 11:32 PM
    I noticed the same thing today, its still kind of slow. It doesn't take more than a couple minutes though so its ok.
    06-24-2010 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD