How to get epub books to iBooks?

pieroxy

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking for a way to get epub books to iBooks, OTA, which means without using iTunes, for which I have less and less patience. Of course, these are books I have and don't want to go through the iBookStore to buy them all over again (except for the free ones)

I know how to transfer PDF files, through email, but I have not been able to get a book in the epub format OTA yet.

Any luck with that anyone?

iregret

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this is something that jailbreaking will enable.

On a side note. I hate how expensive iBooks are. It really pisses me off. I would just rather buy an actual book. I don't mind paying full price for a book when I actually can keep a hard copy. Hopefully it will get to a point where you buy the actual book and it comes with a digital copy. Kinda like DVD's are.

sasha#IM

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I use calibre to convert books to epub. An updated version of calibre now has the option to send epub format to itunes so that you can sync to your iphone/ipad.

McAlsop

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I use Stanza (on iPhone) and Calibre (eBook manager on the computer).

Calibre has an option to create a book server which runs on the computer and Stanza can connect to that server and download books from anywhere. However, that means you have to be able to add the .ePub to the server on your computer.

Don't think iBooks can connect to anything other than the iBookstore. And it definitely doesn't grab .ePub's from email.

McAlsop

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I use calibre to convert books to epub. An updated version of calibre now has the option to send epub format to itunes so that you can sync to your iphone/ipad.
Don't have the newest version yet, this would be nice. You can also drag and drop .ePub files into iTunes just like music.

jalba3

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
By OTA do you mean purchase? (iBooks)

Or do you mean from computer to device? Dropbox and then click the action button to open in iBooks. Or iTunes Wi-Fi sync if you're home.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2