Are you happy with your iPhone 4?

iPhone 4: What do you think?

• I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 329 80.2%
  • ahhh...its alright, no difference to me...

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • i didnt get one...

Votes: 31 7.6%
  • I dont like it!

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • Other: Please let us know what u think

Votes: 16 3.9%

• Total voters

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity... does ATT's new bull**** about no unlimited change your opinions about iPhone 4?

AT&T is just the leader of the pack... the others will follow...

But yeah, it's a big deal to people moving to AT&T to get the iPhone4... but as long as you already have an unlimited data plan for any smart phone with AT&T, you can keep it... And it would have been an issue if I wasn't grandfathered in.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I would say something is not right. I unplugged mine this morning and I went an hour and 15 minutes before it dropped to 99%.

Are you leaving any apps in the background that aren't iOS4 tested and approved? Because if they aren't iOS4 tested then they likely aren't using the API's to suspend using resources.

Thanks for the input... I found a few things that I tweaked ... didn't realize that Facebook was using push for so many things... and tested that I could turn off all email push and still get my work pages in real time... so I have made a few tweaks... changed the auto-lock from 5 minutes to 2... and turned off a lot of location based services... except for maps and Poynt.

I am now at 10 hours 2 minutes standby and 3 hours 31 minutes usage... and am at 62% - which is far better than I've seen.

It would just bug the heck out of me to have this great piece of technology and not be able to use it because of battery life.

Thanks for the pointers and the confirmation that something wasn't right... still may be looking to exchange it if it doesn't improve...

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I love mine. Just now it's gone a bit wacky with trying to reply. I got it this morning and the display is fantastic. Haven't had it long enough to know about battery life. I was surprised that I couldn't really notice a size difference until I put it in my pocket then I could really tell

I can't wait until the white ones come out. This 16GB one will become house phone and I'll get a 32.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this is not perfect, but it is MUCH better... I got through the day and still have 35% battery left... some phone calls, some texting, played some games, twitter, facebook and email... the battery life is no where near what I was used to with my BB 9700, but the iPhone4 is so much cooler, and the screen is drop-dead-gorgeous. I am thinking that I can live with this.

photo2.png

Last edited:

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
I'll report back later with all of my opinions, but just want to chime in quickly that I don't like the way it feels in my hand. I know it's thinner than the 3GS, but it doesn't really feel any thinner and the square/sharp edges are less comfortable to hold, IMO. I had been carrying my 3GS around naked, but I'll probably buy a bumper case for this (to address any signal issues also) and suspect that it will feel more comfortable to hold that way.

Other than that, my opinions are positive and I'll share more later. The display and improved camera are great.

ssampath

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from the original 2G iPhone to the 4 yesterday -

- This think is wicked fast! All the apps startup instantly and are usable right away.
- The screen is just marvelous! Retina or not its a pleasure to view!
- I can reproduce the reception problem - but it is easy to work around it (Thanks for the tip Steve! :-() and I find the call quality is way better than my 2G phone for sure.
- 3G is revelation to me! I was walking around the neighborhood while streaming a video and it kept up without a problem.
- The limited multi-tasking is a good enough to stream with Pandora or NPR while browsing or checking e-mail - this is really what I wanted most of multi-tasking.
- I love the new mail features - particularly the unified inbox and threaded mail!

I hope they do something about notifications in the next update - I hate to have all these notifications pop up when I am doing something else on the phone!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 4: My Opinion has changed!

as the title of my posts says, my opinion has changed, i thought it was me at 1st but then i went to apples forum and noticed over 35 pages, 513 posts of "proximity sensor issues!!!"Everytime im on a call, my face touches the screen and it either puts the call on mute, hold, or whatever else it does and its driving me crazy!!! What the hell was apple thinking putting out an iPhone 4 with sooo many OBVIOUS issues!! There is no way on GODS Green Earth that they didnt know about this!! Im really hating Apple right about now!! :mad: im officially pissed!!!

heres the link: Apple - Support - Discussions - Issue with Proximity Sensor during calls ...

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I really haven't had any MAJOR issues. Yes, i can reproduce the reception issue, but it hasn't really been a problem as i no longer palm my phone when i talk. I simply use just my fingers and i have yet to drop a call. I did not have yellow spots, nor have i noticed the proximity sensor problem. So,overall i am completely satisfied with my iphone 4.

Johny25

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
newbie here

Hello All
I am new in this forum.
I am very much glad that I joined this forum as I am a real gadget freak.
Very much excited to share my thoughts on new gadgets:D

tmbflyer

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed how the proximity sensor is a bit sluggish to turn off the screen and as a result I touch the screen with my face. The battery is great, I have been dealing with the antenna issue, hoping for a fix other than a case i.e. firmware update. I haven't noticed a speed increase over my 3GS but that is not to say that iPhone 4 is not "a screamer".

aros13

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
i love this phone so much!! i had to drive for 2 hours just to find one at a best buy and let me tell you that it was so worth it! The display looks phenominal and the camera and hd video recording are awesome!! also the facetime feature is really cool!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Now that I have had mine over a week, I have to say that I am flat out enjoying this phone. It is fast, the display is great and having multitasking is getting better and better as all my apps get updated to take full advantage of the new API's. In regards to the reception issue since getting the case this has simply not been an issue for me. Like so many others have said I really love the phone.

JustinTime

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
I was having some issues with shiny new iPhone 4 but after restoring to a new Iphone I'm good to go. I have no issues at all. I love this phone....absolutely

dmiller428

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from the 3g, and I love this phone. I put a case on it as soon as it came out the box and had no antenna problems. I love the screen, the cameras, its sooooooo fast. I had TMO befor AT&T and AT&T is soooooooo much better, I rarely have bad reception or dropped calls, and At&T gives me a discount every month for being a state employee. I love the apps, i love that I can have my music and my phone in one device, I love the way Mobile Me works with my phone and my mac, I am a very happy customer.

iMarna

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So far, I love mine. No problems to report yet, and we live in a low-signal area. I still want to test it in our local "dead zone," but we haven't found a phone yet that'll work there.

dragonsgoalie

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I Love the Speed!!! The new features are also really nice, but I have two problems, dropping a lot of calls, i am assuming its the signal issue, since I can make the signal go away just by touching the phone in the "Wrong spot", and the phone has a rattle when you touch or tap on the top of the back (Around the camera and LED flash).

I hope apple can fix the issues, and the phone will be rockin!

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
The battery life alone makes it worth the upgrade. Not to mention the speed, the camera, the RAM...it all adds up to make a great phone with only a couple of gripes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods